Do your kids notice if there's "more than 1" Cinderella? etc??

toasty

Just returned from a trip where my daughter was celebrating her 4th bday, and during that trip, she met at least 4 different Ariels, 4 different Belles, 3 different Sleeping Beauties, 3 different Cinderellas, and 2 different Rapunzels -- and she actually met Cinderella at dinner (1900 Park Fare) and then immediately a different Cinderlla at Town Square Theater on the way back in the parks. If she had any idea that they were different people, she didn't let on.

bsiev1977

Just returned from a trip where my daughter was celebrating her 4th bday, and during that trip, she met at least 4 different Ariels, 4 different Belles, 3 different Sleeping Beauties, 3 different Cinderellas, and 2 different Rapunzels -- and she actually met Cinderella at dinner (1900 Park Fare) and then immediately a different Cinderlla at Town Square Theater on the way back in the parks. If she had any idea that they were different people, she didn't let on.
I would imagine most kids around your daughter's age aren't that observant of what you noticed. I think they see the dresses as much as, or more than, the faces of the CMs in them.

RedDad

Smitty Werben JagerManJensen
We had a good laugh during our last visit when we noticed that the Princess Aurora our 2 yo daughter was talking to in the France pavilion was the same girl we had seen the day before dressed as Belle! Of course the little one was oblivious, so it didn't matter.

openendedsky

I was actually wondering if the characters have "zones" throughout the park, so that two of the same character don't ever cross paths... Anybody know?
From what I understand, the characters are organized and scheduled so that there are never two in the same park at one time, sans parade characters, I believe. If there are two, it's generally an accident. I've also read that they have multiple people doing the same characters, such as Pooh, Tigger, etc, in places like the Crystal Palace, who alternate.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
My DD was just under 3 when we went. I didn't even think about their being a problem until we were at CRT and they announced Belle (who we had met 5 days before at Epcot). When she came out I thought "Wow they girls they get to play Belle look a lot alike" Turns out it was the exact same Belle. She even remembered my daughter and could tell her what she had worn 5 days earlier.

I think if they meet the same face character days apart they are less likely to notice.

Photo1109EightByTen_zps3bc93d8d.jpg

Untitled40_zps1451cee5.png

the1nonlysinger

As I was sorting thru pictures in preparation for my DD's 7th birthday collage, I came across a princess whom I remember as being very "in character" and very "interactive" with my DD's. Then, I came across another photo of a different princess whom I remember as being very "in character and interactive" as well. They were probably the best ones I've ever encountered in all my years of going to WDW! But, what struck me as odd, and subsequently led to a side-by-side comparison: the same girl was in two different photos, playing two different princesses, 1 year apart! My girls haven't made that connection yet, nor will I voluntarily show them the pictures at the same time. I would like to keep that sense of innocence and enthusiasm for as along as possible; which is why my DH and I only let our DD's meet each "face character" once during an entire trip (not to say that the oldest doesn't already realize, "Hey, I remember Aurora looking a little different from last year!")!

Then, I thought of this thread, and wonder if any of you have come across this, not just 3 Cinderella's in one vacation, but the same individual playing different characters? I am sure it's not uncommon, and that all the training and prepping these particular individuals must go thru leads to continual employment...but, I always kind of thought the people who play face-characters as seasonal, not permanent, employees...they must really love their job! (my cheeks hurt at the thought of all the smiling they do;))

I just thought this was funny...here are my pics:

That's all! I hope at least one person found this amusing:rolleyes:

We just got back from WDW (TR coming!) and we met your friend as Cinderella! :) I recognized her right away from your post!!! I will post a photo once I get them uploaded!

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Then, I thought of this thread, and wonder if any of you have come across this, not just 3 Cinderella's in one vacation, but the same individual playing different characters? I am sure it's not uncommon, and that all the training and prepping these particular individuals must go thru leads to continual employment...but, I always kind of thought the people who play face-characters as seasonal, not permanent, employees...they must really love their job! (my cheeks hurt at the thought of all the smiling they do;))

My cousin has worked in DL and for the CL - over the past 3 years she has been friends with Alice, Wendy, Cinderella, Ariel and Aurora.

journ116

I think if they meet the same face character days apart they are less likely to notice. ]

This is very true for my youngest! And I love when a CM recognizes you, and you him/her...it feels like home! When my DD3 was only 15 months, she grew fond of one of the "Move it..." Parade CM on stilts, and she with my DD. We returned 3 months later, and not only did my DD remember the lovely CM, she squealed with delight when she saw her; and the lady on stilts remembered her and didn't leave my DD's side! It was truly a magical moment!

heatherkatheleen

Ok, a little off topic... But is it difficult to get a job as one of the characters in the parks? I have a friend who is a performer on the cruises but obviously that audition process was a little more strenuous. I'm just curious.. I know an audition is involved, but thats all I know!

tare

All the characters are fast and move from different locations especially if tink throws some of her pixie dust.

Ok, a little off topic... But is it difficult to get a job as one of the characters in the parks? I have a friend who is a performer on the cruises but obviously that audition process was a little more strenuous. I'm just curious.. I know an audition is involved, but thats all I know!

It's pretty difficult! Lots of dance at the auditions then cuts then interactive storytelling then cuts. A lot of it is based on what they need as far as a specific look at the time so a lot of it is based around your "look".

MickeyisMyBestFriend

When I was young I never noticed but I was also horrified of them so I don't remember how but I did find out and my parents would privately reassure me about it when we had character dining. Neither me or my brother were heartbroken about it. Unless she is very observant I wouldn't worry.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom