Do you want to ride Mission: Space?

pheneix

You know, I just got an e-mail in my inbox flat out denying that guests are being allowed on Mission Space, mainly because the ride still hasn't been turned over to Epcot from Imagineering.

For that reason alone I have to admit that I am *VERY* skeptical of the information posted to this thread.

Centrifugeer

Original Poster
Originally posted by pheneix
You know, I just got an e-mail in my inbox flat out denying that guests are being allowed on Mission Space, mainly because the ride still hasn't been turned over to Epcot from Imagineering.

For that reason alone I have to admit that I am *VERY* skeptical of the information posted to this thread.

You have every right to be skeptical. However, the rides at Disney don't get turned over to EPCOT, they get turned over to Reedy Creek. Supposedly, that turnover happened late last year. The reason why I say that is because the turnover HAD to happen before the Imagineers could legitimately even allow Disney employees and the Imagineers to ride M: S for testing, let alone park guests.

pheneix

>>>the rides at Disney don't get turned over to EPCOT, they get turned over to Reedy Creek<<<

Same difference. ;)

>>>that turnover happened late last year.<<<

I can say that without a shadow of a doubt that is not the case..

Centrifugeer

Original Poster
Same difference. ;)

Nope, not even close.

Here's some info for you about Reedy Creek.

Among many other things, Reedy Creek controls building standards as well as ride legislation standards. The Imagineers at M: S had to prove to Reedy Creek that M: S met those standards and building codes before anyone could legitimately ride it, even for testing purposes.

>>>that turnover happened late last year.<<<

I can say that without a shadow of a doubt that is not the case.. [/B]

I can tell you with 100% certainty that it did indeed happen. It had to or else M: S would not be in testing mode right now.

AndyMagic

Originally posted by Centrifugeer
Nope, not even close.

Here's some info for you about Reedy Creek.

Among many other things, Reedy Creek controls building standards as well as ride legislation standards. The Imagineers at M: S had to prove to Reedy Creek that M: S met those standards and building codes before anyone could legitimately ride it, even for testing purposes.

I can tell you with 100% certainty that it did indeed happen. It had to or else M: S would not be in testing mode right now.
Don't take this the wrong way but I am always the skeptic... How exactly are you related to Mission: Space and why do you know this information? I have no reason to think your lieing but sometimes people truly believe something to be true and it isn't the case. Also, if you are in the know... do you have any word on when soft-openings might occur?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Originally posted by AndyMagic
Don't take this the wrong way but I am always the skeptic... How exactly are you related to Mission: Space and why do you know this information? I have no reason to think your lieing but sometimes people truly believe something to be true and it isn't the case. Also, if you are in the know... do you have any word on when soft-openings might occur?

Let me put it this way...

I can tell you 100% that Centrifugeer is correct on what he stated, and Phenix is incorrect on the above.

pheneix

>>>Nope, not even close.<<<

You never caught the sarcasm there.

>>>Among many other things, Reedy Creek controls building standards as well as ride legislation standards.<<<

It's also CONTROLLED by the Walt Disney Company.

>>>The Imagineers at M: S had to prove to Reedy Creek that M: S met those standards and building codes before anyone could legitimately ride it, even for testing purposes.<<<

There is a key difference in getting certification from Reedy Creek and turning the ride over to Epcot Operations for management of the ride. Imagineering is free to do whatever testing and adjusting they wish while the ride is in their hands (and the attraction is still in very heavy test and adjust), but Epcot Operations is left out of the equation until the keys are in their hands. The ride also has to been in Epcot's hands before the first guest is allowed on the ride.

>>>It had to or else M: S would not be in testing mode right now.<<<

No it didn't.

I really hate to go against the word of management on the site, but I am 100% ABSOLUTELY certain that Mission Space has not been turned over to Epcot, Reedy Creek, or whatever.

bvolguards

>>>Nope, not even close.<<<

>>>Among many other things, Reedy Creek controls building standards as well as ride legislation standards.<<<

>>>The Imagineers at M: S had to prove to Reedy Creek that M: S met those standards and building codes before anyone could legitimately ride it, even for testing purposes.<<<

There is a key difference in getting certification from Reedy Creek and turning the ride over to Epcot Operations for management of the ride. Imagineering is free to do whatever testing and adjusting they wish while the ride is in their hands (and the attraction is still in very heavy test and adjust), but Epcot Operations is left out of the equation until the keys are in their hands. The ride also has to been in Epcot's hands before the first guest is allowed on the ride.

>>>It had to or else M: S would not be in testing mode right now.<<<

No it didn't.

I really hate to go against the word of management on the site, but I am 100% ABSOLUTELY certain that Mission Space has not been turned over to Epcot, Reedy Creek, or whatever.

Gee phenix you being negative about disney? That never happens

EchoOfOphelia

Wow, I would do just about anything to get to ride it before it really opens, that would be neat. If someone gets picked and is on this forum they better let us know how it is! I, unfortunately, won't be there until Sept, so hopefully it'll be open then anyway. I'm crossing my fingers!

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member

LOL ok we are going to have to agree to disagree here. The source on the info for this is a solid as sources can ever be. So as far as I am concerned, the info reported by Centrifugeer is fact. :)

dopey

Originally posted by wdwmagic
LOL ok we are going to have to agree to disagree here. The source on the info for this is a solid as sources can ever be. So as far as I am concerned, the info reported by Centrifugeer is fact. :)

Hey, boss, didn't you get the same info that Centrifugeer reported from your own sources, as well?

Either way, those pix make me want to ride it more than ever -- whether it's controlled by Imagineering, Epcot, Reedy Creek or my dear Uncle Winkie and his pet mangabey.

Centrifugeer

Original Poster

I really wish I could tell you how I know this, but then I'd have to kill you, and then kill myself too.

Sorry, no. And I still don't.

In a way, yes. In a way, no. Reedy Creek was created by Disney as an incorporated entity. Basically, Disney did this so they could control their own destiny as well as the local legislation in the area that contains the parks and hotels. In that respect Disney is very unusual as there's no other such corporate land incorporation in Florida.

That said, Reedy Creek is subject to applicable Florida laws and therefore must implement legislation ranging from wetlands usage to the location of port-o-lets on Disney property. Some of this comes from local and state laws that cannot be overriden and that Disney must comply with. What Reedy Creek say goes and Disney must comply. Yes, Disney is master but so is Reedy Creek in its own way. Think of them as siamese twins. It's a symbiotic relationship.

Imagineering is not free to do as they please and had to meet a list of regulations - from Reedy Creek regulations to OSHA requirements to Florida Ride legislation, and more - before the first Imagineer could "legitimately" step foot into a capsule with the intent of putting the ride in motion. EPCOT operations will eventually control the ride operations portion (and ONLY that portion), however, even after the "keys", so to speak, are turned over to EPCOT operations, Reedy Creek will continue to control the regulatory aspects of M: S. Only Reedy Creek can authorise riders, not EPCOT operations.

I will tell you this much about how I know this information. I live in Orlando. I have been involved in Disney on and off for over 25 years. My first job was in the Bi-centenial parade in 1976. I am familiar with Disney's management structure, corporate structure, and regulatory structure and have been intimately involved with various aspects of all three. There are many things that I don't know about Disney. However, this subject is not one of them.

mickey04

Well, I just got back today. And I asked about riding M:S. What I was told was that they do in fact have one pod operating, only Disney VIPs and others with comped admisssions get to ride. They also said that if they let anyone who had paid to get into the park onto M:S, it would look like Disney had just opened the ride, and they definately aren't ready for that. But, there was one good thing about the whole ordeal; the CM I talked to felt so bad that I couldn't ride, he gave me a pass to ride TT with no wait! So, I guess it never hurts to ask.

new to the sight but let me tell you this reading all of your ideas and scoop sure can get a person fired up to travel his butt on down to the kingdom , just need more money end time :king: :king:

hockey21

hello i will be visiting disney in april and i cant wait to enjoy this new and exciting ride. my quetion is though if anyone thinks it will be open by easter? i really would do anything to ride it and would lke to know if i should or shouldnt get my hopes up.wat do you all think?

orangefan15

Originally posted by hockey21
hello i will be visiting disney in april and i cant wait to enjoy this new and exciting ride. my quetion is though if anyone thinks it will be open by easter? i really would do anything to ride it and would lke to know if i should or shouldnt get my hopes up.wat do you all think?

Doesn't sound like it will be open by easter...I think the end of the summer is more realistic.

madape89

I can't wait to ride it! I can only imagine what Disney will come up with in this exciting new pavilion, and what I have heard about the ride inside sounds incredible.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom