Do you use park hopper is it really worth it?

Mainahman

The last 2 trips we have had park hoppers. Is it really worth it now? Or is it better to just make each day a different park and stick to that? Also without park hoppers can you leave one park, go back to the resort to swim and return to that same park that night if you want? Trying to think of ways to change things up for next trip.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
There’s no need to pay for Hopper in advance. If it needed, you can add at any time while there. I base it on if a park is having ride issues, sometimes it’s worth hoping, otherwise if you don’t need it, don’t buy it.

Yes, you can leave and return to the same park on the same day’s admission.

Upvote 0

Mainahman

Original Poster
We normally will hop a fair amount, like this past week we just got back from. Magic kingdom on the morning, followed by animal kingdom in the evening, but once it's just my wife and I I'm not sure if that's going to happen much or if we will just do 1 park with a break half way in the day.

Upvote 0

Mainahman

Original Poster
We did use it quite a bit last week. Day 1 Hollywood then magic kingdom. Another day Hollywood to Epcot, and then another day magic kingdom to animal kingdom.

Upvote 0

Mainahman

Original Poster
In just wondering with the next trip being just my wife and I our touring ways may change. We tend to spend more time at Epcot because it's our favorite, and then we like to hit animal early etc. Something to think about

Upvote 0

BoardwalkGigi

It just depends on what you're going to feel like doing. As others have mentioned, you can add it on later at a park ticket window if the need arises, for the exact same price you'd pay in advance. If you aren't sure you'll use it, hold off on the purchase. We almost always stay at one of the resorts right outside of Epcot's back entrance, so we tend to go in Epcot every day, often in addition to another park. For us, park hopper is a must.

Upvote 0

mouse_luv

In just wondering with the next trip being just my wife and I our touring ways may change. We tend to spend more time at Epcot because it's our favorite, and then we like to hit animal early etc. Something to think about
As I said in my last post (before I saw this reply of yours) you may find that hoppers will be helpful in that regard. DBF and I are known to spend half a day in MK, AK or DHS and then spend our evenings in EPCOT or vice versa. (We spend most of our park time in EPCOT (as it's our fave) and MK, not so much the other two).

Upvote 0

Mainahman

Original Poster
I've also been known to rip drop extra magic hours animal kingdom just to ride Everest like 5 times in a row. ( That seems to be my limit before I get a head ache) then meet my wife back at the hotel to go to mk, and or Epcot or something. I'm a lover of the thrills, where she isn't so maybe it's worth the couple hundred extra still..

Upvote 0

Mickey5150

We use park hopper every day. One of the nice benefits is using the monorail or the boats as a break in the day between Epcot and either MK or HS. Also extra magic mornings make a park busier than usual so we like to go do the extra hours and then head to another less crowded park. Same thing for Epcot during festivals. Locals show up on weekends so we don't stay in Epcot past noon on Fridays or Saturdays.

Upvote 0

Herdman

Depends on your personal preference. We have always bought park hoppers each trip, and we've used them a grand total of one time. We're saving the money this trip and aren't buying them.

Upvote 0

Tinkerbella16

It is a personal preference, but for us, we have never gone without park hoppers. We love to do a park in the morning, relax at the resort in the afternoon and then head to a different park in the evening. Or we may even go to the same park in the evening that we went to in the morning... we just like having that option to go to any park we want at anytime and not be limited to 1 park a day. It makes it easier for dining reservations, quick service and no dining reservations - if we are in the mood for dinner in Epcot and we went to MK that day, we can go to Epcot and have dinner. If we want to go to MK for dinner and we were in AK that morning, we can go to MK that night. It is worth it to us but I do understand that they are not worth it to everyone.

Upvote 0

graphite1326

I used to say it was a must. Until recently, for us, AK and HS were not full day parks and would go to another park in the evenings. Now I don't know. I haven't been since 2016 before the additions to AK and will be going this year after TSL opens. So it remains to be seen if PH is worth it for us.

Upvote 0

Mainahman

Original Poster
I used to say it was a must. Until recently, for us, AK and HS were not full day parks and would go to another park in the evenings. Now I don't know. I haven't been since 2016 before the additions to AK and will be going this year after TSL opens. So it remains to be seen if PH is worth it for us.
The more I think about it, I like to get up ride something like Everest, and or tower or terror while the rest of the family slept in, then would meet then at the resort, and head somewhere else. So maybe ill keep it for now and see how we use it when it's just the 2 of us.

Upvote 0

BoarderPhreak

Pre-DD, 'Hoppers were the status quo. Now, it's of somewhat limited value... Like my freedom to roam. :p

If you're the "active" type at WDW, they're great to have. If a park gets to crowded, blow the scene and hit another one. Take advantage of EMH at one park, then go to another (or vice versa). Hit HS for a few hours and then hit something else without "wasting" a day there.

Upvote 0

Weather_Lady

I think it depends on where you're staying, for how long, and where you plan to spend most of your time. I've gone with and without it, and at this point I wouldn't consider purchasing it unless we were staying for 5 or fewer days, and/or would be using it at least three times.

Otherwise, there's enough to do at each park to occupy a whole day (or in the case of Epcot, 2 days, and for Magic Kingdom, 2-3 days), especially if you're taking a midday break. Given what I've read about the noticeable increase in wait times in all of the parks, it seems like we'll need more time in each park anyway.

Upvote 0

DisDadWoz

It's always been valuable to us. If we had AP's or tickets with them. We go to one park in the morning, come back to the resort to swim and decide where to go in the evening for rides/dinner/etc. If you are pretty strict with your timeframes then it may not be worth it if you plan on staying somewhere all day (or going back to same park). We also like to stay at EPCOT resorts so we'll walk through there on way to monorail to the MK.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom