Do you try new restaurants when you go to the world? What's one you keep saying you're going to try.

eliza61nyc

Original Poster
Are you serious?

On two points:

1. You call it “the world”? Tssk tssk 😏

2. You a city girl and you eat at the same places?

I think the new Coronado restaurant is the only place I haven’t tried...currently

Lol, 🤣. I do Sir,. I'm actually getting more adventurous now that my kids are grown and I'm not cooking at home as much.

I think one of the hurtles for me was/is eating out was considered a treat especially when "the old guy" was starting his business and moolah was tight. We tended to go to the same places where we were assured of getting a great meal

Vacation eating with all football playing son's was the next hurdle. Beef and pasta are their Mainstays. We did try Be our guest one time but it became cost prohibitive because they each ordered two entrees. Oy Vey

Last edited:

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
On the off chance that this isn't a joke, it's the Yak & Yeti. The Yacking Yeti brings up a whole nother set of images that I don't think should be tied in to a restaurant . . .
It's our family inside joke name for the place.

Phonedave

There are quite a few that we have never been too, some of them are old school places as well. For a while we would do 5+ TS meals a week, and knock out 3 or so new place each trip.

However, over the last few years WDW dining has gone south quickly, so much so that we do not eat TS to the same extent. We also are more willing to go back to a place where we know the food is a least halfway decent . Case in point, we just did a 4 day trip for the express purpose of F&W (Epcot only). We had never been to Coral Reef, and so we decided to book it as the one TS we had that trip (aside from the F&W event meals we attended). Both of us have no desire to return to Coral Reef. Waste of time, $150, and much better food I could have had by "grazing" the kiosks. It just served the reinforce why we don't eat TS, especially untried TS at WDW as much anymore.

NCO91590

I always try to weave in 2-3 new restaurants to try. I had a goal of making it to all the signatures, but then I found myself really disappointed after the hype and the expense. So now it's just our family faves mixed in with a couple new must-dos. I have us signed up for the California Grill brunch and I am SUPER excited about that!

Sans Souci

I do a mix of both. We have some old standards that we like to frequent, but we usually pick 1 or 2 new to us restaurants that we have been meaning to try. They've mostly been in DS.

I haven't been to Sanaa since 2009; I'd like to go back there again.

Think Tink

Premium Member
In the Parks
No
I like trying new restaurants every trip. I always make time for my favorites like Columbia Harbor House, Boardwalk Pizza Window, and San Angel Inn. Next trip we are going to Victoria and Alberts as well as Sana’a. I tried Casey’s last month and was impressed with their food. It was a quick trip and didn’t want to take too much time sitting down at a TS.

macefamily

Just returned to Via Napoli this past trip in November. First time in two years because we always would eat at the outdoor kitchens around the world. Love Via Napoli. Their charceutterie plate was awesome with their red wine flight. My favorites are California Grille, Cinderella's Table, Boathouse (Disney Springs), and Chef Art Smith's (Disney Springs). Always wanted to try Morimoto at Disney Springs. Our regular go-to's are Mama Melrose's, Yak & Yeti, Tony's, Rainforest, T-Rex, Sci-Fi, and Liberty Tree Tavern. Going to restaurants is a favorite of ours during our trips. We've also gone to the lounges for appetizers and drinks. We did the Enchanted Rose this past trip. Have done Trader Sam's, Yachtsman Lounge, and the lounge at The Wave.

Last edited:

Smiley/OCD

Add us to the always like to try something new on every trip...believe it or not, there are "classics" that we've never eaten at...
Our trip in May, 2020: (NEW FOR US)
Storybook Dining @ AP (D)
Beaches & Cream
Boma (BF)
Plaza (L)
Via Napoli (D)
Edison (D)
Art Smith's (L)

MUSTS ON EVERY TRIP:
Crystal Palace (B) (1st B on 1st day)
Liberty Tree Tavern (D)
Trattoria Al Forno (B)

RETURNING TO:
1900 Park Faire (this time breakfast, last time dinner)

ALWAYS GOOD:
Earl of Sandwich
Flame Tree BBQ
Sci-Fi
50's Prime Time
Whispering Canyon

WANT TO TRY:
Space 2020

NOT RETURNING: (not necessarily bad, just been there, done that)
Be Our Guest
Tusker House
Cinderella's Royal Table
Chef Mickey's
Garden Grill
Tony's Town Square
T-Rex

NEVER RETURNING:
Paradiso 37

Just returned to Via Napoli this past trip in November. First time in two years because we always would eat at the outdoor kitchens around the world. Love Via Napoli. Their charceutterie plate was awesome with their red wine flight. My favorites are California Grille, Cinderella's Table, Boathouse (Disney Springs), and Chef Art Smith's (Disney Springs). Always wanted to try Morimoto at Disney Springs. Our regular go-to's are Mama Melrose's, Yak & Yeti, Tony's, Rainforest, T-Rex, Sci-Fi, and Liberty Tree Tavern. Going to restaurants is a favorite of ours during our trips. We've also gone to the lounges for appetizers and drinks. We did the Enchanted Rose this past trip. Have done Trader Sam's, Yachtsman Lounge, and the lounge at The Wave.
How did you like Enchanted Rose?

Smiley/OCD

we were there November, 2017...my oldest DD had to send her steak back, it took forever to come back and that one too was well done (she ordered medium rare)...bad customer service and the food was meh-

TheGuyThatMakesSwords

Sticking with the original question....

NOV 2019? We went to CAPA, at the Four Seasons. STUNNING Restaurant, our first visit. We are absolutely booked here for our APR 2020 trip. Not cheap, no WDW buses, no DDP or TIW. But GREAT fine food :).

CLEtoWDW

Every trip we attempt to try a new restaurant and have ended up adding most to our regular list. Skipper Canteen was the newest addition and may be one of my favorite Disney restaurants. Our next trip we hope to finally try Chefs de France as it as been on our to do list for years.

I try a mix, after every trip I always make a list of new restaurants I want to try but we always end up going to the same ones in part:

Every trip: Boma, Cali grill, Cape May, Columbia harbour house

I tried a few in the last couple trips including Il Mulino, Raglan Road

Next time I really want to try Sanaa, Tiffins, The Wave, Tusker house (and so many more we have not been to)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom