do you think the 50th Birthday celebration will start before Oct 2021

bjlc57

Original Poster
we have been talking about the 50th Birthday celebration and going to WDW during that year.. but do you really believe they will wait until October of 21 to start the party or will they say this the "year of the 50th" .. and keep that going for basically 2 years.. please hard facts and no ripping. thanks for your help..

HoldenC

we have been talking about the 50th Birthday celebration and going to WDW during that year.. but do you really believe they will wait until October of 21 to start the party or will they say this the "year of the 50th" .. and keep that going for basically 2 years.. please hard facts and no ripping. thanks for your help..
I think the celebration will run May 28, 2021 (Memorial Day) to September 4, 2022 (Labor Day). Naturally October 1, 2021 will be the IT day. This is similar to Disneyland's 60th anniversary in 2015-16.

John park hopper

IMO it will begin October 2021; the 25th began Oct 96- Jan 98. MK opened October 71 so Oct 2021 would mark the 50th year into 2022. they will probably have pre 50th events prior to Oct

Last edited:

AndyS2992

I’m pretty sure it will start in May 2021 and run for two years and end January 2022, as they often do. That way they can milk it for two summer and two holiday seasons.

Last edited:

DfromATX

I think our current goal is to go in January 2022 (around my birthday 1/23). Hopefully it'll be less crowded and we'll be ready for all the new stuff!

JIMINYCR

I think they will introduce things early to lead up to the Celebration. They usually like to get some buzz going in advance and work their way into it.

Walt Disney1955

Yeah I went during the 25th, back in March 1997. It was going until the end of the calendar year in 1997 which is a little strange because you figure it is 26 years by then. Either way, no pink Castle this year huh Disney? Cindy's Castle is one of the best parts of the park and it just looked "off"

RScottyL

Same question for me, as I plan to go that year, but probably before October of 2021. I was actually thinking maybe January!

If this is the case, I may decide to go in January 2022!

Was going in January 2021 because it will be my 50th and my daughter's 21st birthdays that month!

Also, going in January 2022, I would hope the Tron ride will be open then!

Decisions, Decisions!

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
DLR's 60th started in May 2015. I would expect MK's to start many months earlier and to run for nearly 1 year.

TTA94

If the 50th starts early, would they save the kickoff ceremony and all that for October 1st? Or earlier?

DHoy

If the 50th starts early, would they save the kickoff ceremony and all that for October 1st? Or earlier?

I would imagine a media event would be in may for the introduction of the new entertainment offerengs and the ceremony/rededication would be held in october.

In 2001, they kicked-off the 100 years of magic on
october 1 with the introduction of surprise celebration, share a dream come true, stars and motor cars and jammin in the jungle. But the actual ceremy was held in december for walts birthday, yes sept 11 moved things around in this case but i feel it was more appropriate.

Animaniac93-98

When do they start baking the cake for the 50th?

Joesixtoe

I could be wrong, but I thought I heard it starts at the beginning of 2021 and goes onto Oct of 2022.. I could be wrong.. just what I thought I heard

TTA94

I could be wrong, but I thought I heard it starts at the beginning of 2021 and goes onto Oct of 2022.. I could be wrong.. just what I thought I heard

I could see some entertainment starting early. Oddly the new Illuminations starts late 2020. Surprised they didn’t hold off for 2021. Total speculation but maybe they want to stagger the new entertainment for the 50th.

NickMaio

No.... I think it will be the whole year sarting Jan....
$$$$$$$ WDW wants it...

Janir

Well I'm still planning on being around for the Oct 1st 2021. Yes, I'm probably crazy but I wasn't even Disneyfied until the 40th passed by. And Mk's 50th year is also my 50th so I'm allowed to do something stupid liek brave crazy crowds for a 50th.
Would rather brave any craziness for MK 50th than say do anything like NYE in Times Square.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom