Do You Take Full Advantage of Photopass???

harveyt0206

I haven't ever purchased the CD, but we do register the the Photopass and always use it whenever we see an opportunity. Then we usually purchase one or two of our favorite shots. I work it into our souvenir budget.

BUZZCRUSH

Absolutely we prepaid for our pass $100 bucks then loaded it up - I figure I'm going to get the pics anyway so might as well pay up front and load it for all it's worth. My son did the Jedi training thing at Hollywood and they take a ton of photos while he's fighting Vader so I was really glad we already prepaid for the cd cause they were soooo cool.

WDWVito

We get as many pics as possible.
I think we are up to 200 + of stock photos from our last trip. I still need to go in and add borders and such so, this may be a 3 disk set. :)

Also...Take a picture of your photo pass card(s) on your cell. (or whatever)
This way if you do misplace it, you can still add it to the web site.

Timekeeper

Here is where people will lie...

1.) you just want to have a CD full of images of you and the kids so you dont have to carry a camera.
(1A) - if you arent picky youll be happy.
(1B) - if you are photographically / design minded/inclined you will be disappointed... see 2.)

2.) the photographers are not that great, they are the type that will shoot "f8 and its great" so expect nothing creative. composition is usually pretty bad as well. but this is coming from a professional photographer... I used the pass to avoid having my 4lb camera with me.

I think that somewhere between "no camera" and "4lb camera" is something called a point-and-shoot camera. :shrug:

jlevis

Make sure to ask the photographer about any "magic shots" they might do. My wife is a Tinkerbelle fanatic and one of our favorite pictures is her holding Tink in her hands. I'm a retired professional photographer and I love photopass.

GMRO

Guess it all depends on WHAT you expect. We expect OK...so most of the PM's pics are good. Add a fancy boarder and crop it and you have a nice memory photo.

For us as well...we found that we used our iTouch G4 all the time during our last trip. We were able to get some nice US pics infront of our favorite attractions while using the LCD and reverse camera feature so we could hold the device at arms length - see the screen and adjust for the composition we wanted. The quality was very good, sure not that of a 4lb camera, but the memories of the photo shot the way I wanted made it work. We captured over 180 pics just with that device. Some silly and some very good that we actually impressed ourselves with.

Never thought of trying to get a pic at EACH photo stop place like someone mentioned in this thread. We may have to try that our next trip. Usually we look for things you don't normally pay attention too and capture US infront of it. Like the large castle inlayed on the ground near the front of the MK entrance/train. Its on the ground. And we were able to get us with most of it as we held the iTouch above our heads while looking up at the camera. The inlay is on the ground and made for a nice background for us. You'd be surprised how many folks ask us WHERE did you see that inlay on the ground of the castle? Most folks are just trying to get in the MK once you get thru bag screening... We just sort of loaf around with no time schedule. Some of those pics are the best for memories!

GOOD LUCK and happy shooting!!!

BrittanyRose428

Am I the only one who has the photopass photographer use their own camera? Maybe its the poor college student in me, but I can't see buying the disc or pictures off the website when they can just as easily take the picture with my own camera. :shrug:

freakman

Not sure if anyone else listed it or not..I did not read all the other posts :lookaroun if you purchase any pictures at say the pirates league,bbb or character meal the receipt will have a photopass number on it for an electronic copy you can add to your photo cd

MarkTwain

Am I the only one who has the photopass photographer use their own camera? Maybe its the poor college student in me, but I can't see buying the disc or pictures off the website when they can just as easily take the picture with my own camera. :shrug:

That's what I always do. :wave:

Uncle Lupe

No, Test Track is the only ride photo that you can use your PhotoPass card.

A tip I used. Take a picture of the number on the back of the card with your own camera or write it down just in case you lose your cards. Also like other had mentioned ask about the magic shots.

The Haunted Mansion one at night was neat. We did this during the MNSSHP.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom