Do you sacrifice anything to help pay for WDW Trips

Jodigrl328

I try to be as frugal as possible. I'm not a cheap person and enjoy going out to eat or to night clubs every once in a while, so it is hard. I just think, would I like to spend my extra money on this shirt that will eventually go out of style, this food that I won't remember next week, or a Disney vacation where the memories will last forever???

Hmmmmm, tough decision. :confused:

13 more days!!!! :sohappy:

mwitkus

we give up 2 things to make it to disney every 2 years...

1. improvements on our house... what a gorgeous house we could have if only we hated disney!!! :animwink:

2. vacations elsewhere... we can't afford a big vacation every year, so we go every 2 years, and always to disney.. this can be a problem when our families plan family trips for other locations and we can't afford to go... (not to mention we wouldn't enjoy most of the vacations they plan...)

it's all worth it to be a frequent guest at the most magical place in the world!!!

go disney!!:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

vacation junkie

I consider myself very fortunate b/c of how close I live to Disney and being a signal guy Disney can be a great cheap vacation. I just gather up a couple friends who want to go and we split the cost of a room btw us. I buy a AP every year so my admission is taken care of and hotel rarely costs over 200 for a week btw four people. All that is left to take care of is food and that runs me normally in the nieghborhood of 300 for the week so I can save for a Disney vacation within a month and be ready to go. Now DL is another story, I'm still trying to convince someone to go with me. That trip is going to be much more costly!

MassFan

Originally posted by sandjhooker
A lot for us depends on our income tax refund. Knowing that I will get something back, it determines how long we stay and where we stay. Any extra income from my work goes into a Disney fund automatically.

My tax return usually does it too

spinsurgeon

Income Tax Refund :lol: I'm sorry but I cannot get my head around that concept. In the UK, you pay Tax, quite a lot of tax actually, then you send off your Tax Return and then they ask you for some more in a nice big lump sum, now please.

We just plan far, far ahead in order to put away a little at a time and hope the taxman doesn't want it all

celticdog

I actually sacrifice the trips themself. :(

I only go every few years, that way it's more special and a more meaningful experience. :)

celticdog

Originally posted by Yellow Shoes

reminds me of a song....

sing it with me, to the tune of "the taxman" by the beatles.

I'm the cashman, yeah, yeah, yeah, i'm the cashman.

That's how i feel when go with my girlfriend and she knows it!
And i sing when we're out.:hammer:

Crzy4Dzny

:) We use our income tax return too, and the house is beginning to show it. Luckily we have a darn wonderful son-in-law who can do most anything, so he's offered to fix things around here for just supplies, but we will pay him too. We go to things during the summer, but we don't usually buy. Like festivals for one. We just keep thinking that that money could go towards Disney World instead.

wee-haggis

We have friends who spend weekends at the cottage ,3 weeks at the same cottage in the summer ,dine out at restaurants every weekend,go to the movies or theatre every week,spend a fortune on kids clothes(and there own),the list goes on.....
I'd give it all up (and have done so)....for a week in WDW!

We also know folk who drive down to Florida from Canada.....(2 days there and 2 days back..taking it leisurely......then spend a week lying on the beach at St Petes with one day with the kids in Orlando......Geez....what are they thinking!

TinkerBell9988

DUH

Of course!!!!

I once sacrificed a big school ordeal just to go to WDW.

Sometimes, I take extreme measures..... Like saving up my allowance for a year.... :animwink:

cymbaldiva

:sohappy: Yeah for the Beatles reference! And not only a Beatle reference, but a George song at that! :sohappy:

R.I.P. George.....:(

wdwjmp239

Sacrificing The Normal Financial Functions Of Life To Go To Disney

I do. :)

I don't pay my rent, my electricity, my phone bill, my water & sewer bill, car insurance is pretty much out the window, as well as the car payments, and if any of you think I'm for real about this..... you all better wise up ;)

I'm lucky if I can afford weekend stints to Disney. Maybe I should do less weekend stints and get some $$$$ saved to go big on a Disney vacation. You have to go HUGE on Disney in order to really enjoy it. And when you go huge, I'm talking about staying at The Grand Floridian, making dinner reservations at the Poly Luau, Hoop-Dee-Do-Revue, etc. And, when my parents go huge, they stay at Disney for at least 2.5 weeks! I'm usually climbing up the walls after Day 8 :)

For me, a week is sufficient ;)

wdwjmp239

Originally posted by cymbaldiva
:sohappy: Yeah for the Beatles reference! And not only a Beatle reference, but a George song at that! :sohappy:

R.I.P. George.....:(

Not to cause a major thread drift here, but I actually appreciate The Beatles more ever since George Harrison passed away. :(

:cry: :cry:

cymbaldiva

Originally posted by ntn_haqqer

Not to cause a major thread drift here, but I actually appreciate The Beatles more ever since George Harrison passed away. :(

:cry: :cry:

:confused: What do you mean by that? Should I be offended? Just PM me..no need to cause a thread drift, but I'd really like to know what you mean! :)

Please don't be saying anything bad about George though....I'll have to get cranky over that! :fork:

TacoExistential

Income Tax Returns (The wife and I), Cash in my vacation, I get three weeks, we usually go for one, so I cash 2 weeks in, and a little bit of saving through the year.

We've gone every year since 98.

mitros

sacrifice to go to wdw

Since we live in florida, about 86 miles from wdw, it is a lot easier for us because there is little travel expense, we belong to the vacation club, and we purchase florida resident seasonal passes,so we do not have the same expenses as someone who must travel a great distance.We do, however, love to eat out a lot on our trips, so my wife will work some overtime for the extra$.{I am disabled}:slurp:

I have $40 from each paycheck put into an account in our credit union toward vacations -- this is for food and souveniers. We have DVC and my in-laws live in Orlando, so we don't pay for a hotel. And airfare (usually around $350 for two of us) we cover by simply cutting down on our hobbies for a few months.

We've been working by this plan for about the last 3 years and we've managed to go twice each year for around 7-10 days each trip (we do get a few free meals from the in-laws and we're still using freebie passes we collected when we both worked at the Disney store). We tend to have one nice meal each day and then snacks -- two or three big meals each day really adds up.

figmentmom

I'm in charge of the family finances - a responsibility that has it ups and downs, believe me - but I am always able to squirrel away money for Disney! Usually, I put a designated amount away every week in an "official" account; I also have a change jar that I add to every night. Our income tax refund provides a big chunk of our vacation money. Truthfully, we are not big spenders on vacations other than Disney, and we're not much on dinners out, so it's not as much of a sacrifice as it would be if we had to give those things up. There have been many times, though, when I've been tempted to splurge on something, and I stop myself with a "Disney" reminder.:lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom