Do you sacrifice anything to help pay for WDW Trips

Camelot

With any trip I plan, there is a budget figured out, so I know what money is needed for transportation, hotel, etc, as best as I can figure out those things in advance.
I also like to set aside a certain amount monthly in my checking account as an easy way to "save" for vacations.

My little sacrifice is not going out to eat alot at expensive restaurants. That's not to say that I don't eat out, just not at overpriced places. :)

cymbaldiva

sacrifices

I had to sacrifice part of my Disney savings to pay for this new monitor so I can read/talk about Disney.

How ironic is that?

EthylCooper

Originally posted by vacation junkie
Now DL is another story, I'm still trying to convince someone to go with me. That trip is going to be much more costly!

No kidding! I've been trying to talk my friends into it for over a year, and no takers! I'm considering just gathering up the money and going by myself next Christmas.

I sacrifice toys for my trips (this includes DVDs, CDs, and games). I've been haunting the Walmarts looking for pieces for my Halloween costume (for Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party) and reminding myself that every penny I spend is money I can't spend in Disney World. Fortunately, my parents are just as enamored with Disney as I am, so we usually plan the trips together & they pay for the hotel. (Yay!) This is the only way I can afford to go as much as we do.....last year we bought annual passes for the first time and went on 7 trips! (5 six-day trips, one weekend, and one single day) We'd have been there a whole lot more weekends if it weren't an 11 hour drive. We'll be buying annual passes again on this next trip, so who knows...... :D

27 days left!! :sohappy:

62 days left till the trip after that!! :sohappy: :sohappy:

albuquerque4me

As much as I love WDW, it sure is expensive. Coming from Albuquerque it is costing us about $4,000 including hotel, air, spending, all total. This will be my first trip without my parents that i am actually having to 'pay' for. It really sucks having to pay all of it - but it is definitely worth it. Thank God for Financial Aid... (college students will understand....)

:)

mickeysaver

Funny you should ask. We were talking about vacation expense today at work. One of my co-workers really needs a dose of pixie dust and she was griping about how much money I am spending. I told her that it's worth every penny. She acted like I was from Mars. lol

It's hard to tell someone who has never been to WDW and has no inner child evident at any part of the day what they are missing. She just sees it as a place with rides for kids. It's the 6-Flags with a mouse syndrome. lol

I know that my vacations to WDW are something that I will never forget. To me, those memories are priceless.

Now, as for what we give up.....
We eat in more. We double think impulse buys. We attempt to find cheaper and creative alternatives to our needs. We shop at Big Lots before we go to Target. lol We clip coupons. We work overtime. We spend a lot of time at home. It's so worth it though. I live for vacation. I swear, I have some Clark W. Griswold genes in here somewhere. lol Mickey

Pippa

All the sacifrices are soooo worth it though, I make many of the cuts that you guys make and it sure aint cheap coming over from the UK and my friends tell me I am wishing my life away with my holiday countdown(192 days to go) but I would much rather go to WDW in another continent than stay here in Europe and go to somewhere trendy like Ibiza. WDW has everything;parks, pubs,clubs, pools, sun, great shopping ,great food need I go on!

WDW1971

Well, last year my wife and I decided to go. I love WDW. She'd been just once for one day...and only to MK. We saved all year long. We took sack lunches to work. We didn't eat out for dinner. We didn't buy that new car that we wanted. We figured out budget out and did it. It was well-worth the experience.

We now have a set amount taken from our paychecks and put directly into our savings account. At the rate we're going, our next trip to WDW will be a fantastic one. Of course, it'll be a few years down the road since we're planning to have another child and want to wait until that child's a little older. On the bright side, maybe the improvements/additions that are being planned at WDW will be in place. We'll also have a lot of money saved up to really have a great trip.

BitO'PixieDust

It's ironic to find a post on this subject since I've been frantically trying to budget for our trip in July. I think I've managed to find a way to pay for the hotels and food. Just have to budget harder to pay for our tickets. We're flying our daughter, son-in-law and granddaughter down for 4 days to stay with us and we offered to pay for them, too.

But as many of you mentioned, there is nothing that can compare with a WDW vacation. We took our kids when they were very small and have some wonderful memories and pictures of them. My parents also came with us a few times. And now since my dad has passed away these memories are even more precious.

I'm looking forward to watching the reactions of my granddaughter who will be almost two. I know she won't understand alot but she will enjoy the music and lights. And, of course, she already knows her favortie character "Pooh" whenever she sees him in a book or on tv.

Any sacrifice is worth being able to enjoy another WDW vacation:sohappy:

RogueHabit

Original Poster
Wow, I forgot all about this post. Somebody resurrected it I see.

To add to our list of sacrifices, my wife has gone from working 2 shifts a week at her part-time job to working 4 shifts a week. (She REALLY wants to go back this year!!!)

jaimjaim25

Sorta... I just sold my 2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee, cause I can't pay my bills! And Im going to DW in May.. So I didnt sell it completely because of DW, but it sure helped!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom