Do You Prepay for PS Character Breakfasts??

DisneyDugger

Just wondering about a few things before I call WDW to book some Character Meals - we have 3 kids 8, 10, & 16, and arrive Feb 9-15/04:

1. Do you have to prepay or leave a deposit for each booking?

2. If I haven't quite nailed down my itinerary for the week, is it ok to book a few extra Character Meals and then cancel the ones we don't want? (Do you have to cancel them?)

3. Is there any particular CMeal we should consider for Valentines Day dinner on FEB 14 as it will be our last night at Disney.

4. Is the Mickey BBQ at Fort Wilderness really worth the $170US it is going to cost us? Thats just is a lot of cash for us and we have heard mixed opinions about the chaios and food being pretty simple BBQ stuff.

thanks for your thoughts!

Buckeye

Originally posted by mepoor
Just wondering about a few things before I call WDW to book some Character Meals - we have 3 kids 8, 10, & 16, and arrive Feb 9-15/04:

1. Do you have to prepay or leave a deposit for each booking?

2. If I haven't quite nailed down my itinerary for the week, is it ok to book a few extra Character Meals and then cancel the ones we don't want? (Do you have to cancel them?)

3. Is there any particular CMeal we should consider for Valentines Day dinner on FEB 14 as it will be our last night at Disney.

4. Is the Mickey BBQ at Fort Wilderness really worth the $170US it is going to cost us? Thats just is a lot of cash for us and we have heard mixed opinions about the chaios and food being pretty simple BBQ stuff.

thanks for your thoughts!

1. NO, you do not prepay or put money down.

2. It's OK, but once you finalize things, do call and cancel. There may be someone out there waiting for a spot to open up.

3. I'm not sure?:confused: If romance is what you seek, try the California Grill at the Contemporary Resort. Try to get a PS for about 45-60 Minutes prior to the start of the fireworks at the MK. You'll have an unforgettable experience.

4. Never been, so I can't say.

Good Luck in your planning!

Upvote 0

hadesrules

For Cinderella's Royal Table you have to put down a deposit on a credit card when you make the priority seating. Other than that you don't have to make a deposit.

Upvote 0

DisneyDugger

Original Poster
Originally posted by hadesrules
For Cinderella's Royal Table you have to put down a deposit on a credit card when you make the priority seating. Other than that you don't have to make a deposit.

Yes, this is true. $10 per person for Cinderella Royal Breakfast and it is refundable if you change your mind.

They now take PS (reservations) 90 days in advance and apparently they sell out within 20 minutes SO CALL FIRST THING IN THE MORNING. After that you have to randomly call in to check for cancellations, which do happen in order to get back the deposit.

cheers

Upvote 0

KentB3

Originally posted by mepoor
Yes, this is true. $10 per person for Cinderella Royal Breakfast and it is refundable if you change your mind.

They now take PS (reservations) 90 days in advance and apparently they sell out within 20 minutes SO CALL FIRST THING IN THE MORNING. After that you have to randomly call in to check for cancellations, which do happen in order to get back the deposit.

cheers

20 minutes? When PS for CRT was 60 days, it usually sold out in 1 or 2 minutes; from what I read on the Internet and in the Unofficial Guide to WDW! Therefore, it looks like the increase from 60 to 90 days has helped! :D

Upvote 0

Nansafan

Originally posted by KentB3
20 minutes? When PS for CRT was 60 days, it usually sold out in 1 or 2 minutes; from what I read on the Internet and in the Unofficial Guide to WDW! Therefore, it looks like the increase from 60 to 90 days has helped! :D

This is definitely true. We tried on 3 separate trips for PS for Cindy's Breakfast when it was 60 days. Using the guidelines from the Unofficial Guide about setting my watch etc., we never made it and each time I called each morning corresponding with a day we would be at WDW. Finally we achieved success this past summer. (2 of us were calling at the same time hoping to get in). The whole experience was worth it. Plus we were done with breakfast early enough to see the rope drop into Fantasyland and were the first 3 people to ride Peter Pan.

P.S. Today is my son's 17th Birthday. Happy Birthday Bob!

Upvote 0

MouseMadness

The ps for cindy's also depends on time of year... I called at 3 in the afternoon a month ago for a ps on February 2nd, and got it no problem. :)

And you don't *have* to cancel, but it's always a nice courtesy. :)

Is dinner at Ohana's a character meal? Breakfasts are, I know. That is probably nice on Valentine's day. Or Chef Mickeys?

Upvote 0

KentB3

Originally posted by MouseMadness
The ps for cindy's also depends on time of year... I called at 3 in the afternoon a month ago for a ps on February 2nd, and got it no problem. :)

How about April or May? That's when I'll probably go there.

And you don't *have* to cancel, but it's always a nice courtesy. :)

Is dinner at Ohana's a character meal? Breakfasts are, I know. That is probably nice on Valentine's day. Or Chef Mickeys?

Upvote 0

MouseMadness

Originally posted by KentB3
How about April or May? That's when I'll probably go there.

I'm gonna just go by what all the guidebooks say (since I've never gone at that time of year) and guess it's going to be more difficult then. We picked February exactly because it's one of the least busy times of year. :) So if it were me, I'd stick with the guidelines for getting the ps, just to be safe.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom