Do you need to put credit card info on your MyMagic+ Band?

disneyfan295

Original Poster
Is it possible to use the MyMagic+ band without putting credit card information in? I just want to use it to enter the park and for FastPass+, not for making purchases. I'm not comfortable with putting in my credit card info. Even with a PIN number, it is easy for someone to steal you identity (like what happened with the Target debacle).

lilclerk

Nope, you don't have to set up room charging. Or you could set it up with a gift card instead of your CC when you get to the resort, if you prefer.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
I don't believe there actual credit card info on the band. The band is linked to your room in which charging privileges are either activated or not.

JohnD

That's probably the best explanation for why AP MBs don't have charging privileges. Resort MBs are linked to the room where there is a credit card on file. Those MBs charge back to the room, not directly to the credit card. So when you receive the resort bill, all charges -- room and MB charges (food/beverage, gift shop, etc) are all on the resort bill.

The AP MB can't act this way because there is no resort stay associated with it. Therefore no charging privileges associated with the AP MB.

stalkingmickey

That's probably the best explanation for why AP MBs don't have charging privileges. Resort MBs are linked to the room where there is a credit card on file. Those MBs charge back to the room, not directly to the credit card. So when you receive the resort bill, all charges -- room and MB charges (food/beverage, gift shop, etc) are all on the resort bill.

The AP MB can't act this way because there is no resort stay associated with it. Therefore no charging privileges associated with the AP MB.

Exactly...I actually had to call BC front desk 3x during our visit so they could clear my charges. They do not automatically just run the card when your account reaches the threshold.

flynnibus

Premium Member

Yes, that's why the existing resort model doesn't work, but they could have setup a saved credit card online like most ecommerce sites do... But they didn't .

PiratedTVPro

So, as an Annual Passholder, not staying on site, why would I want to use a MagicBand?

It unlocks FastPass+ reservations, I understand that, but afterwards it's just another item I'll have to carry and is only replicating things my RFID AP Card can already do.

My wife and I were really looking forward to using the MagicBands for purchases at the Flower & Garden and Food & Wine kiosks, but now that's out the window.

flynnibus

Premium Member
So, as an Annual Passholder, not staying on site, why would I want to use a MagicBand?

It unlocks FastPass+ reservations, I understand that, but afterwards it's just another item I'll have to carry and is only replicating things my RFID AP Card can already do.

My wife and I were really looking forward to using the MagicBands for purchases at the Flower & Garden and Food & Wine kiosks, but now that's out the window.

There really isn't much of a reason at this point. With all these things they could have done, but have not, there really is no value for the AP to use a magicband.. only value to Disney.

Maybe in the future...

PiratedTVPro

There really isn't much of a reason at this point. With all these things they could have done, but have not, there really is no value for the AP to use a magicband.. only value to Disney.

Maybe in the future...

All they'd have to do is add the ability to associate credit cards, and then they can track me to their hearts content and let me give them my money. I just really don't understand the rollout.

sjhym333

I was also disappointed that AP holders cannot add a credit card to their MagicBands. Not sure why Disney decided to go that route. There is a place on your My Disney Experience to add a credit card. It can't be too hard for Disney to link it to your MagicBand.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom