Do you need a package to get FP+ 60 days out?

DaisyDoesDisney

Yes. We bought park tickets from AAA, and then booked a deal that required a package rather than room only. Since unused tickets don't expire, we just held on to them because the savings from the deal outweighed the purchase of the other tickets.
Got it. Thanks. Makes sense. The package incentives are the main reason that we have three sets of tickets instead of annual passes so I do see where you're coming from.

HolleBolleGijs

Original Poster
I saw a thread over the weekend that someone replied to which had gone three years since the previous response The new poster picked the conversation right up like it was brand new.

Yep, it definitely happens! I once saw a thread over 10 years old bumped like it was yesterday...by far not the worst crime on the planet, but as @Suwithoutane said, a lot of times it comes down to either being repetitive or bumping old threads.

Now we're REALLY digressing though...

Rob562

This is getting away from the OPs initial question but now I'm concerned with this talk of "prioritizing" tickets. We have three trips in three separate months (Sep'15, Dec'15, Feb'16) booked through Disney and linked on MDE. We have separate tickets purchased with each reservation package. When we take our trip two weeks from now do I have to be concerned that more than one set of tickets might be initiated, thus beginning the 14 day countdown to expiration? Does this require action on my part to make sure that the tickets are being used in full before another set is activated?

If all tickets involved are part of a package reservation, then you don't have to worry about prioritizing them at all, since each ticket won't be accessible to use until the day you check in to that particular package. (So on Trip #1, you'll be using Trip #1's tickets, since Trips #2 and #3 are in the future)

The only time you have to worry about ticket priority is if you have any separately-purchased tickets linked to your profile (such as the poster who has tickets from a previous trip lounging around on their MDE profile as well as tickets for a package reservation).

-Rob

DaisyDoesDisney

If all tickets involved are part of a package reservation, then you don't have to worry about prioritizing them at all, since each ticket won't be accessible to use until the day you check in to that particular package. (So on Trip #1, you'll be using Trip #1's tickets, since Trips #2 and #3 are in the future)

The only time you have to worry about ticket priority is if you have any separately-purchased tickets linked to your profile (such as the poster who has tickets from a previous trip lounging around on their MDE profile as well as tickets for a package reservation).

-Rob
Thanks Rob
Your answer adds additional clarification.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom