Votes: 17 18.3%
  • never rode it

Votes: 14 15.1%
  • too young to remember

Votes: 6 6.5%

• Total voters

EchoOfOphelia

Mary Poppins!

I used to love the Skyway, a WDW tradition to go on it.
Anyway, I remember that my taped from TV copy of Mary Poppins was introduced by Michael Esiner sitting in one of the skyway cabs. Whenever I think of them I think of that scene.

I almost wish they'd take down the loading/unloading stations for them, they make me sad! :(

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
I don't as much miss them as I wish they'd take away the loading/unloading areas. They're not going to bring it back, so why keep it? That could be another meet and greet area. They need more of those and that seems to be a perfect place for one! :lol: (Joke.)

meanmice

I never rode skyway. I'm afraid of hights as it is and it wasn't something that was good for me to go on. I was there when the guy fell off of it. I actually had been to the park the day before and two days after. It was a real change. The ride was running one day and the next, they had it roped off saying temproarily closed. I don't remember if it re opened after that. I should dig through my photos and see if I have any of the sign.

crazygirley

I was always afraid to go on it, so every year, when my dad went on, I had to walk with my mom over to meet my dad. Finally, I summoned the courage to ride it, and when we got to MK, we saw that they had shut it down. Oh well!!!

Sir Hiss527

It just needed to go. You could see backstage, and stuff. It ruins the magic, and everything. I just hope they change it to something else in both buildings. Starting to look shabby.:hurl:

-Sir Hiss527-

"Stop Hissing in my Ear"!:king:

maelstrom

i think i rode skyway in its last months. i had no idea it had even closed. i got to wdw in february, after not having gone in a few years, looked around, and panicked (sp?). my mother asked me what was wrong, and i could barely get out "skyway.. gone!". i loved the skyway. it was definately one of my top 10 favourite rides. i understand though why it closed, though. high maintenance, hard to evacuate, not wheelchair accessible really. but still, its a classic. i feel like all the original walt rides are getting closed. :(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom