Do you make it a point to visit other resorts?

JusticeDisney

Original Poster
Obviously, the main part of all of our vacations is hitting the parks. But the poll in the other thread inquiring about which resort people prefer got me thinking about how wonderful each and every resort really is. So with that said, I was just curious if people make an effort to go to resorts where they are not staying to either eat, walk around, or just plain check them out?

Since I asked the question, I will answer first. On every trip, I try to hit at least one other resort, maybe for a meal or even to just to see a change of scenery.

JIMINYCR

We of course visit the monorail resorts because they are easily accessed being on the loop, make a point of visiting their shops and always have some dining ressies at one or two of them. Then we will try visiting a resort we havent seen to get a view of what others find appealing about them or in the case of Art of Animation resort, we want to see the unique grounds.

Kokoum57

We also use our "off day" to visit and eat a meal at a different resort on property. After 2 full park days, a rest day is welcome, and we try to get to at least one that we previously have not seen. Gives us a chance to recharge and be ready for the next 2 park days.

Tinkerbella16

Every trip!! This years trip is longer for me, 10 days. So I definitely plan on skipping a day at the parks to check out the resorts. I love taking the monorail around to Contemporary, Poly and GF. I always have breakfast at Kona so the morning I do that just might be my resort hopping day. I love the Grand Floridian Cafe for breakfast so I make it a point to visit for that on an early morning. I have never checked out AKL, so I plan on going there to just walk around and finally see it. And I love the Beach Club and Boardwalk so I will head over there and maybe walk to Epcot after since it is literally a 5 minute walk from BC.

zurgandfriend

We usually stay on the monorail and dine/visit in the resorts in that area. We also usually explore the board walk and dine somewhere in the Epcot resort area every trip. AKL we usually only visit if we are dining there.

Tinkerkelle

We stayed ay Caribbean Beach on our last trip. It was the first time we'd been in 10 years and our first trip with our boys aged 6 and 9. We went to the Poly and GF for meals but I kicked myself after that we didn't spend time having a bit of a wander round the grounds. This trip we are eating at beaches and cream and plan a tour of the grounds of the beach club as well as a walk round past the boardwalk. When we eat at the Poly and GF we will do the same there.

Pluto15

I'm going to try and go to a few tesorts this trip even if it's for lunch in between parks. Defo want to check out some of the resorts bring mentioned on posts and go wilderness lodge one day :)

JohnWD

We usually stay on the monorail and dine/visit in the resorts in that area. We also usually explore the board walk and dine somewhere in the Epcot resort area every trip. AKL we usually only visit if we are dining there.
This is exactly what we do! We usually stay at BLT then move to BWV, and enjoy strolling through the deluxe resorts at both areas.

TXDisney

We just started to our last 2 trips. But really have only gone and looked at all the deludes to either just grab a drink or eat dinner at one of the restaurants. Pretty awesome to see the different themes.

belledream

Love touring the monorail resorts on an MK day, walking around Crescent Lake and getting some eye candy on EPCOT days, and last year, we bused straight to AKL after our AK day and it was like AK evening EMH! :D It was a splendid night of food, animal-watching, and relaxation. The theme of each Disney resort is top-notch. Can't do Disney without it!

Gaston's gal

We have resort hopped several times to see ideas for where to stay next time. One time we did it when the Christmas decorations were up. That was fun to see how each resort was decorated.

JohnD

I resort-hopped last December to explore the Christmas decorations. And a year ago, I remember an Easter egg exhibit in GF so there may be other resorts with Easter decorations also right around now.

Disnee4Me

We've never really resort hopped (have stayed at all 3 All-Stars, POP and POR), but have dined at Chef Mickey's. We have also visited the Boardwalk. We tried once driving over to the Grand Floridian and security would NOT let us in.:( However, when we go this year, December 17-26, we are definitely taking one day to resort hop with the monorail and buses to take in all the Christmas decorations.

CaptainAmerica

I used to resort-hop all the time when I lived in Orlando and had my car. We'd get a meal at one of the resorts without even going to a park a lot of times. It's much harder when you travel via Magical Express because resort-to-resort transportation is awful (with the exception of the monorail loop).

jengrey

I have never done the whole resort-hopping thing (on my last trip I did take the monorail to the Poly look around). During my 2007 trip I got a massage at Saratoga Springs, does that count? I plan to this trip...especially since this is a solo vacation and I'll be able to do whatever, whenever I want. :D I'm hoping to make it to the Contemporary and Animal Kingdom Lodge this time around. Maybe the Grand Floridian and Wilderness Lodge if time permits. I just want to experience the theming and people-watch.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom