Do You Know A Disney Jerk

mpeters

Original Poster
So everyone knows pretty much why we are on these boards. It's because of our love for all things Disney related etc.

Question is: Have you ever run into a Disney Jerk?

By this I mean...........the person who tells you are planning you vacation the wrong way or belittles the excitement you have because you are going back on vacation to Disney or you ask a question and they reply with a snitty (I just made up that word I think) answer.

Now I am not just talking about online but in life too.....

Just wondering????

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Question is: Have you ever run into a Disney Jerk?

By this I mean...........the person who tells you are planning you vacation the wrong way or belittles the excitement you have because you are going back on vacation to Disney or you ask a question and they reply with a snitty (I just made up that word I think) answer.

Bob Iger.
Bob Iger has belittled your excitement? Pray tell please give the sordid details.

Monkee Girl

I guess I would be that jerk. But it's everyone else's fault!

I am a Disney enthusiast. I go every year, I come on the boards regularly, I know what to do and all that. and don't bring up travel stuff first. but other people always tend to be the ones to bring up the topic first. They make fun of me because I am an adult who goes to Disney. Laugh at my love for the films and look at me funny when I say I am going to Disney because I should 'go somewhere else.' BUT who is the first one at my desk asking questions when they are planning a trip? yea, 'those' people.

The worst is they will ask me for advice and then don't take it. So then I get mad because, as said above, they don't do what I suggest, have a rotten time, and then somehow blame ME for their rotten time. So I guess I come off jerk like. But you know what? I am a proud Disney jerk.

I am dealing with this currently with a friend...OMG would I love to vent about it here, lol

wogwog

Bob Iger has belittled your excitement? Pray tell please give the sordid details.
No details other than what a lot of folks think. I believe he has contributed greatly in letting WDW deteriorate in many ways. That is why I get my "excitement" (as you call it) at Disneyland, Tokyo, Paris, Hong Kong, and DCL. I am fortunate and have the opportunity to travel often on business and pleasure. Even though I am a short drive from WDW I visit Disneyland many more times a year than WDW. I visit WDW only when friends visit Florida to be sociable.

I like Disney a lot. The Iger era at WDW not so much. I share this opinion with several aquaintences higher than manger level at WDW.

DisneyDaver

They make fun of me because I am an adult who goes to Disney. Laugh at my love for the films and look at me funny when I say I am going to Disney because I should 'go somewhere else.'

This happens to me quite a bit. And then they tell me all the "wonderful" places I could go for less then I spent in a week at the Grand Floridian plus park tix and food. I respond that then I would miss the magic ... which leads to funny looks on their faces. Sometimes good people just don't get it ...

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
No details other than what a lot of folks think. I believe he has contributed greatly in letting WDW deteriorate in many ways. That is why I get my "excitement" (as you call it) at Disneyland, Tokyo, Paris, Hong Kong, and DCL. I am fortunate and have the opportunity to travel often on business and pleasure. Even though I am a short drive from WDW I visit Disneyland many more times a year than WDW. I visit WDW only when friends visit Florida to be sociable.

I like Disney a lot. The Iger era at WDW not so much. I share this opinion with several aquaintences higher than manger level at WDW.
Ah so you haven't had any interaction with Iger personally. This was just a general accusation.

WDWVolFan

I've encountered some but I've also probably have been perceived as one too because I'm so anxious about money that I'm OK paying more for staying on property and getting a meal plan so that I pay for as much as possible upfront and can relax.

But to me, the biggest jerks are the ones that judge you or tell you you're stupid for going back to Disney again...

Bugz

Plus the jerk that once told me(even though never been there) how he doesnt like Disney cuz he dont like them there amusement parkso_O

Figmentation

The good news is, most of our family's friends also goto Disney and enjoy it as much as we do.
So luckily no Jerks around here.

People tend to come to me cause I have a sponge in my head full of Disney knowledge: What rides to go first, what fastpasses you need and what restaurants are teh best!

I guess I'm a nice jerk lol

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom