Do you HAVE to use Magic+

MIKETFROMRI

Original Poster
Question.....if you have magic bands and have problem right from get go on first day, do you HAVE to use the magic bands or can you just leave them in your room and use your paper tickets/room keys etc?

Tom

Beta Return
Question.....if you have magic bands and have problem right from get go on first day, do you HAVE to use the magic bands or can you just leave them in your room and use your paper tickets/room keys etc?

During the test period, your Key to the World card and Magic Band will work in parallel. It's recommended that you carry both, however.

Beyond that, I don't think we know for sure how long they'll keep the two forms of media working together. Once Magic Bands "go live", it's likely that the Resorts will no longer issue KttW cards.

MIKETFROMRI

Original Poster
During the test period, your Key to the World card and Magic Band will work in parallel. It's recommended that you carry both, however.

Beyond that, I don't think we know for sure how long they'll keep the two forms of media working together. Once Magic Bands "go live", it's likely that the Resorts will no longer issue KttW cards.

Yeh well what I was thinking is that I have heard people complaining about gliches and time spent fixing these while on vacation. My own sister went down this weekend and had to go to service counter 3 times. So I was wondering if the first day there things go wrong with bands if I could just say...forget it, don't want to use bands and just go the opld way with my AP. room ket etc?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Yeh well what I was thinking is that I have heard people complaining about gliches and time spent fixing these while on vacation. My own sister went down this weekend and had to go to service counter 3 times. So I was wondering if the first day there things go wrong with bands if I could just say...forget it, don't want to use bands and just go the opld way with my AP. room ket etc?
Yeah you don't have to use FastPass+, or Touch to Pay.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom