Do you have any souvenir buying traditions?

tink68

We always get a magnet from which ever resort we are staying at, I get a pin with the year on it, our son always gets a new plush mickey mouse and our daughter gets a goofy one. They have quite a collection going. Oh and I usually get a new photo album for that trips pictures. :wave:

Lunamis

This is more my parents tradition than my own but I like it so much I plan on keeping it alive:D

They buy a pair of coffee mugs for themselves everywhere we go and I swear they have a few hundred by now. (the better majority are Disney of course). But my Dad rotates them so they have a good memory due to them every time they have coffee.

Scooter

We always go to WDW in the spring around April or May so we buy a Flower and Garden Show Pin at EPCOT Center every trip.

Blackie Pueblo

My wife and I have never really had a "traditional" gift we always buy. Unless you consider a snack before we leave. We never leave the park until we have stopped and bought several pieces of fudge. We always get that special deal. I love their fudge! :p

eroyee

:wave: We always buy a refrig. magnet from the resort we stay at. Mickey mints and DH and I always buy a new disney t-shirt of some kind........

nankeldisney821

I always have to get a new photo album for the pictures from that trip. Maybe no one else does this but I have to get a new refillable mug from whatever hotel I have been staying at, which has been Pop Century the last few trips!

I also get a new shirt with the year on it unless I don't like the design.

I get some pins sometimes too, even though I don't trade them, I like to get some new ones and from different hotels that I like to go visit while we are there.

Oh, I almost forgot, I also collect the maps and brochures that each park has with the hours and shows, just to remember what was also going on from each trip. I look back every now and then and reminisce! :D

shumphr2

I always go to the Disney Days of Christmas at DTD and buy that years special ornament!!!!!!! I think I am going to have to get a bigger tree this year!!!!!!!:lol:

Tiggerfanatic

Christmas ornament, photo album with the year on it, fridge magnets and shot glasses from the resort and all the parks. The last two items are my standards on any vacation (they're cheap and easy to find room in the suitcase for) - the downside is I just had to buy a new curio cabinet for my shotglass collection because I ran out of room in the china cupboard. And my hubby's gun safe looks like a magenet display at the Flying W truck stop!:ROFLOL:

Postcards, although it's getting harder and harder to find ones I don't already own. I usually end up with a t-shirt too, but it always has to be a special one that I just love.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Well not so much buy, as see what gifts we can collect that others have left on the busses mono rails and boats. It helps control costs and is more eclectic.

This post was brought to you courtesy of Abu Garcia

butterflyminnie

I used to collect porcelin figureines, but they're difficult to find now. I always get a t-shirt and sometimes a plush toy. I have an all white minnie that I got a few years ago that is really unique. DH thinks I have too many stuffed animals, so I probably won't be collecting those anymore (although the YOMD minnie sounds tempting:) ). Mom started me on an ornament collection last year:xmas:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom