Do you have a favorite Disney Planner Book?

UPbeekeeper

I know most trip and park info can be obtained by simply researching online, but I am thinking about getting a planner for this trip. I think in my case, I want one not so much for the pre-planning aspect (although it will be useful), but I want some type of a keepsake for my trip. I'd like to organize things, keep receipts, have all info & phone numbers in one place, record my thoughts for each day like a journal, record things I want to remember for the next trip, etc.

I was just going to do this with a notebook, but then I thought an actual book designed for the purpose may be a nicer thing to keep as a memento.

Anyone have any suggestions as to their favorite planner and why? I was glancing through the Passporter spiral bound guide at the bookstore and it looked nice, but then I read some not so great reviews online about how the meal reviews haven't been updated in quite some time.

nepalostparks

I know most trip and park info can be obtained by simply researching online, but I am thinking about getting a planner for this trip. I think in my case, I want one not so much for the pre-planning aspect (although it will be useful), but I want some type of a keepsake for my trip. I'd like to organize things, keep receipts, have all info & phone numbers in one place, record my thoughts for each day like a journal, record things I want to remember for the next trip, etc.

I was just going to do this with a notebook, but then I thought an actual book designed for the purpose may be a nicer thing to keep as a memento.

Anyone have any suggestions as to their favorite planner and why? I was glancing through the Passporter spiral bound guide at the bookstore and it looked nice, but then I read some not so great reviews online about how the meal reviews haven't been updated in quite some time.

For what you are specifically looking to do, the Passporter will probably be the best option when it comes to a pre-designed book and keepsake item. I personally prefer the Unofficial Guide and websites like this one for planning information, as they provide more comprehensive and up to date info.

You might also want to consider taking a journal/notebook with pages that are easily detached. Then combine those pages with your receipts, pictures, etc into a scrapbook when you are back home.

Upvote 0

DizneyPryncess

I love the Passporter! I buy a new one each year that I visit WDW, just for the purpose of putting receipts & keepsakes in the pockets, and using the budget areas to keep track of things. I absolutely love them. I think they keep things pretty updated! It sounds like they would be the best ones for what you are explaining.

Upvote 0

wolf359

Passporter is amazing, and I recommend it highly.

The Complete Walt Disney World is also really outstanding, especially if you love color photos.

Upvote 0

WamsleyH

It sounds like they would be the best ones for what you are explaining.
songht1.jpg
3.jpg
song2.jpg
song14.jpg

Upvote 0

Williams Family

PassPorter's Guide is great as a pre-planning guide, as well as keepsake. We keep our most recent one handy for a variety of reasons, including helping others make Disney decisions. They also have Disneyland and a Disney Cruise Line version.
For our son, I get a new Guide to the Magic for Kids for each trip. It is a great to read about attractions before the trip and then we journal in it each night before lights out during our trip. It's neat to see how his impressions have changed over the years. They also have just a journal version. Here's our story: http://toddjodybrent.blogspot.com/2010/10/part-of-our-bedtime-routine-at-while.html

Upvote 0

captainkidd

Passporter is cool, but the info isn't updated every year, such as guest reviews of hotels and attractions.

Complete Walt Disney World is great, except the authors are somewhat out in left field regarding the attractions. They give Splash Mountain 3 stars and It's A Small World 5 stars.:confused:

Unofficial Guide is the most helpful, though the least visually interesting.

Upvote 0

LuLaSue

I ordered the Deluxe Passporter several years back. I order new inserts every time we go down to Disney. It keeps me beyond organized. Each day has it's own folder I am able to pop out of the binder and take with me.

I love the Unofficial Guide and buy one every year, it never gets old.:D

Upvote 0

real mad hatter

Curious as ever!

I ordered the Deluxe Passporter several years back. I order new inserts every time we go down to Disney. It keeps me beyond organized. Each day has it's own folder I am able to pop out of the binder and take with me.

I love the Unofficial Guide and buy one every year, it never gets old.:D

I've never heard of the pass porter book? What's it's official title Lulabell?:wave:

Upvote 0

Tomi-Rocket

I have 2 Passpoters for 2 of the years we've gone to WDW and recently bought the Hidden Magic of WDW guidebook. I liked it but still prefer the Passporter. So much so that I plan on continuing to buy them for each upcoming trip. I enjoy these books so much as planners AND as keepsakes afterwards. It's clear that the authors love Disney, which I appreciate. :)

Upvote 0

Ex-Floridian

Passporter

I've been going to Disney since 1991 REGULARLY. Passporter was awesome when it came out and is still great. Keep in mind it is based on FACT and their experiences. Its about 85% accurate, Restar. reviews are opinions too. Go to their website and check it out!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom