Do you have a favorite area?

CP_alum08

Original Poster
Do you have a favorite area in the parks or resorts? I don't mean something broad like Tomorrowland, I mean like a bench you always sit at, standing beneath SSE, or the walkway around ROA, something like that.

I have a couple. When you get off Splash and walk past the bathrooms there are some benches right across from there, I love sitting there. The music is great and watching all the people come off SM is a lot of fun!

The area around the UoE pond is really nice too. It's usually pretty quiet, some of my favorite WDW music plays there, and you can watch the monorails pass!

This one is a little harder to come by, but I love having a monorail car all to ourselves. To/from MK especially.

There are more, but hopefully that gets the ball rolling :)

Cmdr_Crimson

Innoventions West when there is Nothing going on....
DSC03688.jpg

Now with Fountainview & Character spot under construction..My Den of Zen has been disruptive by annoyance..

NiarrNDisney

Well I have so many but in the interest in keeping this post short I will only list a few:

MK - Taking a seat on East St. off Main Street USA is such a nice respite when trying to avoid the crowds of the Magic Kingdom

Epcot - I love to sit around the reflection pools in Future World West and just relax and take a breather from the hustel and bustel. Otherwise I'm on the East side on the bridge to the Odyssey relaxing in the sun.

DHS - Whether on a bench at Min & Bil's or a table at Starring Rolls there's nothing better than sitting in the shade and relaxing especially when I am stuffing my face with Grapefruit Cake.

DAK - Wow where do I begin? I think my favorite would be taking a seat at the Dawa Bar, having a cocktail, listening to the music and watching the crowd dance to the beat.

DTD - I love to sit on the dock by the Margarita bar and watch all the boats go by not to mention it's a great place for people watching

Boardwalk - Is there a bad place to sit while on the Boardwalk or the surrounding area? I didn't think so!

AllyInWonderland

On a bench in Tommorowland beside Cosmic Ray's and under TTA. Me and my friend had to sit there to wait on my dad, and we kept hearing the same line on TTA, which is Mickey talking about his Star Traders store and saying, "That's right! It's out of this world! Haha!" So now I randomly say that to my friend and she knows what I'm talking about. :)

Sloan

I have several. These area actually some of the World's biggest draws for me (along with the food ;))

Animal Kingdom Lodge - The rocking chairs by the fire pits - the one in the grand lobby, and the one just outside (at night).

Port Orleans, Riverside: The pedestrian bridge to the north of 'Ol Man Island

Port Orleans, French Quarter: sitting by the courtyard square fountain

Yacht & Beach Club: the beach, in a lounge chair, night

Grand Floridian: Lobby, listening to Grand Floridian Society Orchestra, or even 'just' the grand piano.

Contemporary: California Grill terrace overlooking MK, night

Animal Kingdom: There are several, but my favorite combines great food & a great spot: the Flame Tree BBQ tables right by the water, with the view looking across at Everest. I'm amazed with how often I've had the area totally to myself.

Magic Kingdom: Does ON the TTA count?

EPCOT: Pretty much the whole park ... but since CP_alum08 said we need to be specific: the little alcove seating area between The Land and Imagination, right by the water and under the Monorail line. In World Showcase, tough to choose just one, but I'll go with the garden area in the UK.

DHS: Inside One Man's Dream

Vader2112

Unfortunately mine is gone:( It was to sit down by the Toon Town Train Station/ Or just by Pete's garrage at night when I needed a break. No one around except for the occasional CM. Now I ride the TTA!

Chrononymous

The little game room lounge that serves tea in the morning inside The Boardwalk resort.

The table near the water wheel in the food court of POR . I could sit there for hours.

The little fountain alcove just inside the main lobby of the Coronado Springs. So pretty and unusually quiet.

The flowering green lobby just as you enter from the monorail platform at the Poly.

Sitting on the wall surrounded by the gardens in Canada

The bench that overlooks the dig site in AK

The outdoor seating area of Pecos Bills

Any shady bench on TSI

These are just off the top of my head...I know there are more places I love!

Jane Whalebones

Relaxing on The Generation Gap bridge @ Pop Century...for 2 weeks all my daughter wanted to do was feed the fish and turtles her goldfish crackers. Awesome memories!:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom