Do you guys get defensive when you discuss about Disney?

Bloopers

Original Poster
I noticed a bad habit occurring... I get defensive when talking to people that don't know anything about Disney who think it's just one small theme park. I told someone that Disney World alone has over 50,000 cast members and the reply was "you can fit that many people into Disney World???" I was just like :eek: Do you know how big Disney World is? Do you know that it has 4 theme parks and two water parks? Do you know Disney World is roughly twice the size of Manhattan? DO YOU? :mad:

I think I'm getting a bit obsessive and I don't even consider myself a crazy Disney fan. Are these the early symptoms? Will it get worse? :eek:

stevehousse

I just think that not everybody is "raised" on Disney! I feel lucky that my mom loved this place and was able to take us there as many times as she could!

Now that I'm a parent to 2 boys, I love sharing that magic of Disney that my mom showed me!

And at my workplace, there is only one other person who obsesses Disney like I do! And everyone else just doesn't get it!!! But if you ask them, most really haven't ever been and they just don't get it! That's literally what me and m coworker say to people when they walk up and hear us talking about Disney and they just give you that look like your a weirdo! LOL they just don't get it!

real mad hatter

To be honest,up until my first visit in 2004, I knew nothing about WDW,ok I did visit DL in 2001,but it did nothing magic to me.Now my DW thinks I take it too serious.I live and breath Disney every day.So to discover this magic land at the ripe old age of 52 years young,I agree with what you say.This 47 square miles of bubble magic is an awesome place to visit.Even last night whilst watching a quiz show on tv,the contestant was asked," what will you do if you win the money?" he replied," Take my wife & kids to Disney world Florida." Obsession is what my friends call it,when they here about my Disney parties I hold. Me,I call it Mouse love.So kisses & pixie dust to all,and to all, a goodnight.;)

zurgandfriend

To be honest,up until my first visit in 2004, I knew nothing about WDW,ok I did visit DL in 2001,but it did nothing magic to me.Now my DW thinks I take it too serious.I live and breath Disney every day.So to discover this magic land at the ripe old age of 52 years young,I agree with what you say.This 47 square miles of bubble magic is an awesome place to visit.Even last night whilst watching a quiz show on tv,the contestant was asked," what will you do if you win the money?" he replied," Take my wife & kids to Disney world Florida." Obsession is what my friends call it,when they here about my Disney parties I hold. Me,I call it Mouse love.So kisses & pixie dust to all,and to all, a goodnight.;)

People say I have a Disney obsession also so I usually ask them someting like Who played second base for the 1967 Redsox? or What was the date when Luke married Laura on general hospital? After they answer I just smile. Relax Disney is a hobby.

Wojciehowicz

Count me as one that doesn't understand the obsess thing.
I like WDW and enjoy being there, but to me, it is a theme park. Albeit a very large one and the most popular one, but I don't obsess over it or get teary eyed when I see the castle.
For those that feel otherwise, I'm glad you do.
OP, the 50,000 CM number is an old number. It's in the mid 60s now.

rufio

I'm not sure that I get as defensive as what you describe, but I definitely get defensive. I have one aunt in particular, who gets really, REALLY mad whenever anyone mentions Disney World and no one can figure out why! At my wedding shower, my Disney wedding and Disneymoon came up (there's another family who will be there at the same time as me) and she jumped in with, "will someone PLEASE TELL ME what is SO GREAT about Disney World?!" Everyone just kind of looked at her like she was crazy. This is the kind of situation that gets me a little on edge.

wiigirl

I get the feeling we are all like that to some degree :D You're not alone.

Same here....
75.gif

WDW 3

I get defensive when I'm asked "What are you going to do different this time?"... Really?
Granted, we usually try new restaurants or take a tour but can you hear the condescension dripping off the "this time".
I always do :mad:

Fantasmic

Even last night whilst watching a quiz show on tv,the contestant was asked," what will you do if you win the money?" he replied," Take my wife & kids to Disney world Florida."

That would annoy me, as he had to say "Florida" on the end... everyone should know there's only 1 Walt Disney World and if you use their proper names then there's no confusion. Biggest bugbear ever when people say "Disneyland in Florida"
I get VERY defensive when talking about Disney, especially when people get things wrong, but think THEY'RE wrong!

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
No, that was an easy one, everyone in NE remembers the "impossible dream team". You might however be obsessed if you can tell me who played 2nd base for the Redsox in 1965.

Considering they went 62-100, I'm not sure anyone did....

Tinkerbell 8

I tend to get VERY defensive when people either A) say Disney is just for families/kids, or B) think they know something about Disney that is not true, and don't believe me when I correct them.

Example: I was talking to a patient about their Disney vacation, and she said that they stayed at POFQ, so we started talking about the resort. I then asked her if they took the boat to DTD because that's one of my favorite things about the resort, she replied with, "no, the boat took us to Magic Kingdom". I told her that was not possible because the two are not connected by water, that the only way to get to MK directly from POFQ was by bus. She then argued with me for 10 minutes about this fact, I'm pretty sure I mentioned that I've been to WDW over a dozen times and have stayed at POFQ most of the times. My coworker finally gave me the evil eye and told me to just let it go.

rsoxguy

No, that was an easy one, everyone in NE remembers the "impossible dream team". You might however be obsessed if you can tell me who played 2nd base for the Redsox in 1965.

Two things that you should know about me: I was born in 1963, and I did not have to look this up.
Felix Mantilla. You're not dealing with an amateur here.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Two things that you should know about me: I was born in 1963, and I did not have to look this up.
Felix Mantilla. You're not dealing with an amateur here.

You really need to get up to Portland and check out Bogaerts and Bradley, Jr. Talk about wave of the future.....

rsoxguy

You really need to get up to Portland and check out Bogaerts and Bradley, Jr. Talk about wave of the future.....
It saddens me at times when I consider all of the young talent that the Red Sox have had, when seen in light of their Major League failures. Grr...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom