Do you ever get bored with a resort when staying for several nights?

Do you get bored after 4 nights at the same resort?

• Yes! I need more variety and change!

• No! It allows time to settle in and have a home away from home.

Results are only viewable after voting.

21stamps

To those of you saying that it's a pain to switch- could you elaborate please?
We have a split stay planned for February 2017, half Contemporary, half Beach Club. I thought all we had to do was pack up, take our stuff to bell services, and show up at the second resort when we get the room text. Am I grossly underestimating the complication involved?

edited to add: This trip is ten days total, so five and five split. I wouldn't bother for a much shorter stay. We like the idea of being able to walk to MK for the first part of the trip and then EP and HS for the second part.
Like the previous poster said- it is very easy! We had to switch for our last night in 2015, I decided to extend by a day while there and our resort was sold out.

It wasn't a park day for us. We went to Disney springs @ noon and received a text by 1pm that our room was ready. I had stuck a few things in my backpack so went swimming and weren't concerned about luggage.

Completely painless and simple process!

squidward

Only time was when we were at All Star Movies during one of the hurricanes in 2004. Parks were closed for 2 full days. This is one time I really felt Disney dropped the ball. Now, I get that staff have homes and families as well, but they basically deserted the resort and left people to fend for themselves. The food court was closed for both days. We lived, literally, out of the vending machines. Needless to say, after being stuck in that small room with limited TV choices and no food, we got bored REAL fast.

ninjaprincesst

To those of you saying that it's a pain to switch- could you elaborate please?
We have a split stay planned for February 2017, half Contemporary, half Beach Club. I thought all we had to do was pack up, take our stuff to bell services, and show up at the second resort when we get the room text. Am I grossly underestimating the complication involved?

edited to add: This trip is ten days total, so five and five split. I wouldn't bother for a much shorter stay. We like the idea of being able to walk to MK for the first part of the trip and then EP and HS for the second part.
Its not hard just time consuming. I would not want to give up valuable park time for all the repacking, unpacking hauling crap to bell services re checking in , just give me my nice home away from home. Wasting time for something not necessary is one of my big Disney pet peeves

R W B

I can't think of a reason I would do a split stay on a trip that's only 4 nights and I don't even have kids. I Could see myself considering it if I was there 10-14 days but other then that, it's not worth the hassle imo.

Herbie

I can handle the joys (& pains, if you could consider it that) of switching resorts, and would enjoy covering the new + different ground, but I'm 20, so...

Lillies

We stayed at the same place for 14 nights, but I think it is personal preference. I felt that we were still discovering parts of the resort in the second week and loved it so much we are going back again. My OH is a bit of a creature of habit, though. Once he has his head stuck on one thing it's that or nothing else. :p I hope you enjoy your trip, whatever you decide! AKL sounds and looks amazing. :)

TwinkleToesMama

I can't imagine being bored!!! We went to Disney for the first time in 2015 and stayed at the Contemporary. We're headed back next year and will be staying there again and will definitely be planning more down time at our resort! We will stay one week again.

jaklgreen

I never get bored at WDW. I stay for 2 weeks on my fall trips at the same resort and never think, "boy am I sick of looking at this beautiful resort". And I have stayed at all levels of resorts over the last 20 years. But I am not the type of person who needs to be entertained 24/7. I can just sit in the shade and relax and not be bored.

AmandaP

Original Poster
Man would we love a 10 or 14 day vacation. However, being that my husband is military and in a really small elite unit, even though he has a ton of accrued leave we're limited to how much they'll approve at once. We only really get a family vacation once every two years or so, so we wanted to make sure we're getting the most out of it. That being said, since we'll have a car and since we don't really "unpack" our suitcases (day by day packing cubes, mesh laundry bags, and downy wrinkle release for the win) we've decided to do AoA for our first night and then AKL for the last 3. With our military discount rates on value vs moderate vs deluxe it actually ended up that our one night at AoA costs more than a night at AKL... kind of funny. At least we'll get to compare the experience and have a better idea of what we want in a resort for our next Disney trip though. I'm actually looking forward to the space of the family suite at AoA. I hope it doesn't make our room at AKL feel cramped... hopefully the savannah view makes up for it. Ahh!!! 37 days until our vacation. I'm not sure if I'm more excited for our stay at Hard Rock and trip to the WWHP at Universal or our return trip to WdW. Thanks everyone for all of the input. God bless everyone, and safe travels in all of your upcoming journeys!!!

AmandaP

Original Poster
I can handle the joys (& pains, if you could consider it that) of switching resorts, and would enjoy covering the new + different ground, but I'm 20, so...
Haha. I'm 27 going on 105 it feels like. But yeah, we too are a young family with lots of adventure left in us (provided we have an adequate amount of caffeine). We're going for the split.

AmandaP

Original Poster
Only time was when we were at All Star Movies during one of the hurricanes in 2004. Parks were closed for 2 full days. This is one time I really felt Disney dropped the ball. Now, I get that staff have homes and families as well, but they basically deserted the resort and left people to fend for themselves. The food court was closed for both days. We lived, literally, out of the vending machines. Needless to say, after being stuck in that small room with limited TV choices and no food, we got bored REAL fast.
Man that sounds terrible. I know that it obviously it wasn't Disney's fault that a hurricane rolled through, but I sincerely hope they at least offered some kind of compensation for the lack of service (and availability of basic necessities such as food) while essentially being trapped there. Eek. Hope your trip wasn't completely ruined!

bunnyman

Did a week once at POP, it did start to get a little played and claustrophobic after a few days with a family of 4. At least staying at most deluxes you can get to other hotels for food and drinks a little easier!

parkhopper1213

We are military and currently have a 4 night stay reserved at AKL for Aug 30th through Sept 3. The stay is for my son's 8th birthday and I'm wondering if we'll get bored of the resort after 4 nights. I was thinking of staying at Art of Animation our first two night and then transferring to AKL for the last two. That way when we get there, there's that initial "wow we're really at WDW" feeling for my son, you know with all of the color and kid appeal at the AoA. Then the AKL would be a cool treat and a whole other wow factor for the second half. With the military discount, I could go either way and the price is about the same within 100 dollars, really just going for wow factor and overall experience.

Any thoughts? Do you get bored after 4 days at the same resort? Is 2 nights too short when resort hopping?

**Edit - we do have several hours of down time planned at the resort each day. This will also be our first trip to back to WDW with our family's newest addition who will only be 7 months old at the time of the trip. Stroller naps won't be enough down time for him to recharge for evenings at the park so we're taking about 4 hours each afternoon back at the resort to relax.
Never bored with resort because we spend most of our waking hours at the parks. We've made many trips and stayed at the All Star Sports for most of them. Changing resorts during the trip takes away our park time too.

BigRedDad

We have done split stays 2x and both were horrible for different reasons. We have never been bored of a resort we stayed at for the entire visit. There is always something going on and always something to do. Being a single child family, it is hard for our DD to just play. At Disney, she usually finds other kids to play with at the pool which helps. Our last trip she met another girl from a family. She was stuck as a middle child. Brother and sister were 6 and 8 years older, other brothers were 5 and 6 years younger. She and my DD played together every day at the pool. We would go back to the resort just so they could be together. We would spend the entire afternoon at the resort so the two could play.

BigRedDad

For those that do think you can get bored of a resort, you can go to the other resorts to visit and enjoy all activities (except the pool).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom