Do you ever feel like you weren't meant to go on your trip?

HouCuseChickie

I swear- I feel like my life if just one giant cosmic wedgie of late. The last few weeks have been a series of hurdles that made me wonder if this trip wasn't going to happen, but we muscled through things. Today was the icing on the cake and the whole freakin' cake for that matter. I pulled into the driveway, DH got out and made some ugly comment about moving my suv b/c I was probably parked on the grass, and I leaned out to check and I guess I hadn't shifted from neutral into park and the vehicle started to roll out of the driveway. My passenger door caught DH's car and it's now damaged enough that it won't shut. I have to get it towed to a collision center on Monday. The problem...we're heading to WDW as a road trip and we leave on Friday. All I want to do is cry, but DH just wants to keep on my case about how stupid I was for not putting on my parking break and how renting a car for the next few days + the trip would just be insane. And if I don't rent something with a cargo area, I have no clue of how I'll get DD4's massive 5th bday cake to school on Thursday. It's my birthday on Tuesday and I'm really praying all of this starts to turn around. :cry::cry::cry:

93boomer

Premium Member
Bad luck before trip

So sorry about your bad luck before your trip!! When it rains, it pours, doesn't it?! We have only had bad luck on two vacations when our daughter was little. One was the chicken pox at the beach and one was some kind of stomach bug most of a trip to the beach in Savannah. Trips to Disney have been good beforehand. We did have a harrowing drive down in January due to icy roads, but once we were past SC smooth sailing. We gals feel your pain. DHs can forget we are doing so much for our families and they lose it sometimes. But usually they think about it and feel bad so chin up and you guys have a very happy wdw trip! Let us know when you get back how your trip was!:)

Upvote 0

HouCuseChickie

Original Poster
We are always meant to go to disney world!! Love the alien and mr potato head :D They look amazing!!

That's the mindset I've decided to adopt. I'm going, this trip is happening, it may not be exactly the way I planned it in the "getting there" details- but WDW is green lighted! Thanks! I can't wait to see the kiddos eat the characters and share a limb or potato body part with their friends. :lol:

So sorry about your bad luck before your trip!! When it rains, it pours, doesn't it?! We have only had bad luck on two vacations when our daughter was little. One was the chicken pox at the beach and one was some kind of stomach bug most of a trip to the beach in Savannah. Trips to Disney have been good beforehand. We did have a harrowing drive down in January due to icy roads, but once we were past SC smooth sailing. We gals feel your pain. DHs can forget we are doing so much for our families and they lose it sometimes. But usually they think about it and feel bad so chin up and you guys have a very happy wdw trip! Let us know when you get back how your trip was!:)

It really does, but I'm trying to look on the bright side with everything. Thankfully icy roads will not be an issue, but after growing up in the NE and now living in the Houston area- I have a healthy fear of icy roads. I'll definitely be doing a trip report once we're back and DD4 (then 5 :cry:) has settled into Kindergarten. :wave:

Upvote 0

erasure fan1

I'm glad that your FIL is ok, but sad that so many had to cxl. The car part is no fun. DH had his battery go out last week...I took it as my sign to get AAA, but I wasn't expecting to need them for my vehicle less than a week later. I'm glad you guys got to go and that it was fun. And thanfully your son wasn't sick for too long.

That was last years trip. My daughter was sick for the first 5 days and my son for the last 4. Just one of those things to laugh at now, or cry, however you want to look at it. :lol:

Upvote 0

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
:shrug: Goodness...such is life....I know I have had such thoughts before about WHY NOW!!! before a trip....one year when we were surprising the kids one child came down with a mysterious rash DAY before and doctor wanted to wait and see.....had to pull doctor aside and tell her BUT we are going to Disney tommorow, you need to diagnose NOW!!!!:ROFLOL:

Other times in the winter the furnace died the day before, and one time the fridge felt ultra hot on the side and had to get someone out same day or would have lost newer fridge...:eek: I think after a few such events you have to just shrug and think of it as something you have to take care of and look forward to your trip! Plus from experience I make checklists and prepare early with packing etc just in case LIFE HAPPENS!:lookaroun

On our longest trip ever of 9 days 3 of us got pretty sick and discovered the Urgent Care...I felt bummed about that but ended up being grateful we had those extra days and being ill at Disney was not so bad...easy access to food and water and sat there listening to waterfalls in the WL courtyard....:king:

Upvote 0

dopeylover

I HAVE BEEN THERE! We were supposed to go when I was 5 months pregnant, and then I got swine flu and they discovered an undiagnosed heart condition, so that was obviously cancelled...We rescheduled this past May, and although we had a wonderful time, we had several financial/home/car issues that came up right before we left, and deep inside I felt like maybe we should cancel. We didn't b/c we were already paid in full and I felt we would have lost money had we cancelled, but we have JUST finished playing financial 'catch up' b/c we drained our savings w/ home/car issues right before we left, and that was supposed to be our spending money. So great trip, but I spent the majority of the rest of the summer financially recovering from it, and I still feel like maybe that trip wasn't meant to be.

Oh well, we're saving up for a GIANT trip in 3 yrs. when our daughter is 4, so we have plenty of time to stash money away for that, and I am hopeful it's a trip we will have no worries for!

Upvote 0

BigRedDad

Yes, but DW didn't not like my response too much. We had everything caught up bill wise. Paid the CC off (we do every month), paid the last payment for the trip, then got hit with $1200 car repair. DW, who is not going on the trip in Sept, said we should probably cancel one of the trips: Daddy/Daughter trip in Sept or 10th Anniversary trip in Nov. I responded that I will go in and cancel the 10th Anniversary trip. That wasn't the response she wanted, but it was the only one I was offering.

Some times, you have to just get away. I have earned the trip, we both have stable jobs, and things need to be looked at in perspective. All my decisions and views come from thinking about my dad. I thought hard about everything he gave up for our family and what I would do to just to have 1 more day with him. Makes the decision easy: have fun with your family and the finances will take care of themselves. I can always pick up side work for a little extra cash. I can sell things. I can cut way back on expenses. I am going to Disney!!!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom