Do you disembark in Nassau?

Surfin' Tuna

The problem is there aren't any real port alternatives for the Port Canaveral 3 and 4 night sailings. I guess there is Key West, but I don't think that provides the profit that Nassau does. It's sad, since I can't find anyone who likes that port. Most people seem to do it once and then try to forget it. Hopefully the new ships provide some new/good options for us to cruise. We love DCL, but we are tired of the same options.

C&D

We don't often get off when we visit Nassau but on our last trip we thought we would try an excursion. This included the usual bus ride around (which was so-so) but included a stop at the rescue zoo (which was quite enjoyable but it was hot) and a trip to the Fort. All in all, we were glad we did. So, if it's your first time, maybe give it a perusal and after that you can decide.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
We did our first DCL cruise. We now treat it as an "at sea" day and get a single day pass for the spa and spend a few hours there.

Surfin' Tuna

It's the best "sea day," since half the people are ashore. When I first saw this thread I was tempted to play up how great Nassau was, so those of us in the know could keep the private "sea day" to ourselves. Thank God for new cruisers, or I don't think anyone would leave the ship.

jme

Hopefully the new ships provide some new/good options for us to cruise. We love DCL, but we are tired of the same options.

Don't count on it. As part of the contract with the Bahamian government, DCL made the concession to increase calls to the ports of Nassau/Freeport.

DisneyCruiseLineBlog said:
The HOA mentions the new Triton Project Class ships will have 4000 passenger berths. Upon full build out, the 7-ship fleet will have total passenger berths in excess of 25,000. Disney understands that once the 3 new cruise ships are added to the fleet and in full service in 2024, Disney Cruise Line intends to increase the number of its ships’ calls at the Port of Nassau and/or the Port of Freeport by 30-40% over the number of calls made by DCL ships at the Port of Nassau in 2018, subject always to berth availability. Based on my count, the total number of calls to Nassau in 2018 for the Magic: 19, Wonder: 13, Dream: 99, and Fantasy: 1 totaled 132 calls. An increase of 30-40% would be somewhere in the range of 40 – 52 visits which could easily be accomplished with the rumored year-round Dream-class ship sailing from Port of Miami.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom