Do you actually eat at DLR?

SirWillow

DCA has some decent options. If we’re in DL we’ll usually head outside of the park and go to Downtown Disney for a bite to eat. We’re far too lazy to leave the resort.

You do realize that the restaurants on Harbor are actually a shorter walk than Downtown Disney is, even though it's technically "leaving the resort". Unless you're referring to having to clear security again.

But Jimboys is well worth that bit of hassle. :)

mandelbrot

You do realize that the restaurants on Harbor are actually a shorter walk than Downtown Disney is, even though it's technically "leaving the resort". Unless you're referring to having to clear security again.

But Jimboys is well worth that bit of hassle. :)
Most of Downtown Disney's restaurants are closer to the park entrances than the restaurants on Harbor, several MUCH closer. And you don't have to deal with security in between Downtown Disney and the parks.

DrAlice

Our typical food plan: Breakfast at hotel, smuggled-in sandwiches for lunch (which we eat on TSI), smuggled-in snacks, dinner at Rancho del Zocalo or White Water Snacks (haven't been to the resort since that was remodeled) or somewhere out of the Disney bubble.

We've never been that impressed with the food at the resort for quality or value. The two places mentioned are chosen because 1) the food is tolerable and 2) the establishments are relatively peaceful places to eat. After the sensory overload of a full day at the parks, we all need a break from the noise and people. Zocalo has the birds to watch and WWS was usually empty around 5pm.

George Lucas on a Bench

Original Poster
As a vegetarian that also doesn't like cheese, I can't really think of a meal in DLR that I would even want if price wasn't an issue. I have sampled many of the options (although I had to tell them "No cheese!" a surprising number of times as they seemed to slap that rat food into seemingly every vegetarian meal), but nothing really stood out to me. The various veggie burgers were pretty average. The key issue was that none of the meals were very filling.

The exception was when I had the Mexican restaurant in Frontierland and they gave me a lot of beans. Certainly did the trick for me, but I make better beans at home and I'm an idiot.

Mac Tonight

Yes, I do.

That's part of the experience. I could go "off-campus" to get a cheaper meal sure, but why would I when I can enjoy eating a Mickey Mouse pretzel along Main St. and people watch? Or enjoy a small piece of tranquility eating on the upper decking of the Hungry Bear overlooking the Rivers of America with the soundtrack of birds and an ocassional passing train?

shortstop

As a vegetarian that also doesn't like cheese, I can't really think of a meal in DLR that I would even want if price wasn't an issue. I have sampled many of the options (although I had to tell them "No cheese!" a surprising number of times as they seemed to slap that rat food into seemingly every vegetarian meal), but nothing really stood out to me. The various veggie burgers were pretty average. The key issue was that none of the meals were very filling.

The exception was when I had the Mexican restaurant in Frontierland and they gave me a lot of beans. Certainly did the trick for me, but I make better beans at home and I'm an idiot.
I thought all you needed was Diet Coke?

Parteecia

Did you verify the beans? When I worked in the kitchen at Casa de Fritos I found out the line was recommending rice and beans to the vegetarians. I had to tell them that River Belle saved up their breakfast bacon grease for our beans.

Touchdown

My trip next month ive got ADRs for Cafe Orleans, Wine Country Trattoria, Steakhouse 55 and Napa Rose. Piaza Chicken is also a must (arrival day tradition) and I’m doing the Boofet at Knott’s. Last trip for 3-4 years so I’m living it up.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom