Do we still need park reservations when back to full capacity??

MickeyLuv'r

Allowing Park Hopping kind of destroys that type of asset management. [knowing how many people are in each park each day]
Not entirely. WDW still knows how many people will be on WDW property each day.

I'd also be willing to be they have far more data that that to use, like average park hopping rates, and knowing daily % of ticket holders that own hopper tickets to make some pretty dependable predictions.

I'm actually curious to know if that rate is fairly stable all year, or if it fluctuates. Like it might be a higher % over Christmas week than it is in slower months - or possibly the opposite.

AugieMorosco

Disney is going to very confused and frustrated the first day that capacity exceeds reservations and 15000 people who lose the ROTR lottery immediately rebook for Epcot and MK and flip a day later that week to DHS.
This is why you have data analysts. I'm guessing that they'll be able to break down number of guests who will rebook their pass, how they'll be distributed, how long they'll stay, how many will park hop later in the day, how that group will be distributed, and on and on

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
This is why you have data analysts. I'm guessing that they'll be able to break down number of guests who will rebook their pass, how they'll be distributed, how long they'll stay, how many will park hop later in the day, how that group will be distributed, and on and on
Yes, after the first few days I’m sure they will figure it out. But they can do that kind of data analysis now and get 90% accuracy anyway with the weather being the big X factor; a park pass system should only really increase attendance accuracy slightly

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
They will keep it if for no other reason than to avoid having to deny park entrance if a park reaches capacity. The reservation system should keep that from ever happening. I would much rather deal with reservations than to be denied entrance when I arrived after driving 375 miles to get there.

it’s just to squeeze labor dollars...nothing more. Don’t overthink it

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

frankly...they were never as good of running the show as you’re giving them credit for here

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
1622500549200.png

AugieMorosco

Bingo! There's the problem Data Analysts.
What's wrong with data analysts? Disney has to make operational decisions. I'd prefer they have more data to make more effective and efficient decisions. Would you prefer they just make decisions on someone's gut or instinct? Would you run an empire like the Disney Parks without analyzing data?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
What's wrong with data analysts? Disney has to make operational decisions. I'd prefer they have more data to make more effective and efficient decisions. Would you prefer they just make decisions on someone's gut or instinct? Would you run an empire like the Disney Parks without analyzing data?

Disney is good with data...

...however they sell sentimental attachment to a completely disposable product...more than perhaps any other company on earth.

you have to know where your bread is buttered...And it isn’t on black and white analytics alone.

Chapek mentioned being back to full capacity by fall. There has also been much speculation that park reservations will continue well into 2022. I understand the need for park reservations while limiting capacity, but why would this need to continue once they’re back to full capacity? I really don’t like having to plan out which park we think we might want to go to months in advance unless there’s a really good reason.
Park reservations are great for now.. trying to keep the parks at a certain capacity. BUT! As the parks are brought back to 100% there really is no need. I booked my WDW trip for Dec. earlier this year I had to wait until April to book my park reservations due to renewing my AP. I think Disney is over thinking a lot of things. In fact, I think they're trying to make it where people just might not want to return to keep the parks lower. Think about it... no fasspass, no extra benefits for staying on property etc. If I wasn't a DVC member, I wouldn't be staying on property paying their prices when I can stay off property for less. It just seems Disney is certainly losing a lot of the magic. Just my opinion.

How would it look if they corrected the opening and closing of the parks back to pre-covid. Early morning hours with late nights in one or more parks would fix all of this. Also, once all the restaurants and hotels open back up, with shows, it will seem less dense inside the park. I think the park reservation system will just be faded out slowly. It won’t be needed after all the corrections are made.

G00fyDad

How would it look if they corrected the opening and closing of the parks back to pre-covid. Early morning hours with late nights in one or more parks would fix all of this. Also, once all the restaurants and hotels open back up, with shows, it will seem less dense inside the park. I think the park reservation system will just be faded out slowly. It won’t be needed after all the corrections are made.

From your mouth to Bob's ears hopefully.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

absolutely no way...

that’s “de-monetizing”...nope

From your mouth to God's ears. Oops, I meant Disney's ears. May it be so.

Walt Disney1955

I guess I'm confused, but didn't they have park reservation before Covid? Didn't we have to name a park in order to buy a ticket because some had higher daily rates then others and ALSO they could know who was going where everyday. Is the phrase Park Pass a different then what that was? I might be a little out of the loop, since I have no plans to go this year anyway.

I can remember back in the fall of 2018 - our last trip - we sort of planned out the week and picked the days we would be at whichever park. But that was more or less just because we didn't want to buy them the day off and also if I recall it was slightly cheaper to pick a day. So we printed out the passes and that was that. I did it simply because I wanted to make sure things didn't reach their capacity then as well, but no, you didn't have to do it that way.

I can't remember if we even had the park hopping option either. Maybe we didn't. Can't remember.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom