Do they still only have glass cups at the Contemporary?

elizs77

After watching that video last year that was circulating of mousekeeping doing all kinds of nasty things to the used glasses in the rooms at the Contemporary, I always bring my own paper/plastic cups now on trips.

Does anyone know if they still only have glass at the Contemporary, or do they also have plastic available? I'd rather not have to pack my own if I can help it since we are flying - it takes up just that much more space.

Thanks!!

Mr Toad

Without being graphic...what were they doing to the glasses? They do make plastic collapsing cups...usually can get at drug stores or Wal Mart.

Upvote 0

elizs77

Original Poster
There was an undercover news story at several hotels, not just Disney, but the Contemporary was one of them. The video showed mousekeeping and other housekeepers either 1) washing glasses in the bathroom sink; or 2) wiping them out with a cloth and putting them out as clean.

I will have to look in to the collapsing cups. We'll have resort mugs, but my LOs sometimes just need a small cup.

Upvote 0

justdru

There was an undercover news story at several hotels, not just Disney, but the Contemporary was one of them. The video showed mousekeeping and other housekeepers either 1) washing glasses in the bathroom sink; or 2) wiping them out with a cloth and putting them out as clean.

I will have to look in to the collapsing cups. We'll have resort mugs, but my LOs sometimes just need a small cup.

I had forgotten about that! Yea, that's probably pretty prevalent anywhere you go. It doesn't matter what hotel we stay at, we never use the plastic cups at all that are provided and one of the first things I do is put the glass ones in the sink with some hot water.

No sense in not using them... just helps to have some better peace knowing you took care of them yourself! We'll also generally put them into a drawer once we're done so that housekeeping (or mousekeeping) doesn't take them and we can use the ones we cleaned all week.

Places cut corners all the time... this is bound to be a very common one. If it looks clean then the next guests will probably never know!

Upvote 0

elizs77

Original Poster
Oh, I just have my ~things~. Cleanliness is one of them!! I do, though, walk on the carpet with my bare feet and lay on the bedspreads. On that note, when we checked in to the Poly last year, our feet (and DD's knees and hands as she was a crawler at the time) were jet black from the dirty carpet. We had Mousekeeping in there ASAP.

I carry plastic cups with me to ALL hotels after seeing that video. It's not a Disney thing for me.

Upvote 0

justdru

You people worry too much:lol::lol::lol:

You should see the video! LOL. If it's the one that was on Dateline, the reporters spit in the cups and did all kinds of other unmentionables and then left them on the sink counters. Housekeeping (not necessarily mousekeeping) ran water in them and that was it. They even put lipstick on one and it was still there the next day on the 'new cups.'

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom