do they no longer ship magic bands?

Peter Venkman

Original Poster
just booked a week in June and I picked out the magicbands, but mydisneyexperience on the website says "complete your magicband order for pickup at check-in"....are they no longer mailing them out ahead of time?

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
I only booked the room. will get the park tickets at AAA later. maybe once I add those it will change maybe?
Our experience with discounted room-only trips included pre-shipped magicbands.

Note that, FWIW, the official Disney website still says:
To order your MagicBands at pre-arrival prices, visit My MagicBands and Cards. Remember to place your order at least 11 days before your arrival if you would like your MagicBands shipped to your home and at least 6 days before your arrival to have them shipped to your Resort hotel.

Peter Venkman

Original Poster
I did a google search...other people have reported this as a glitch and were eventually shipped their macigbands. the posts we're from a few years ago but I guess the glitch is back. it's not a huge deal if I have to pick them up when I get there but getting them in the mail is part of the excitement.

allgiggles

just booked a week in June and I picked out the magicbands, but mydisneyexperience on the website says "complete your magicband order for pickup at check-in"....are they no longer mailing them out ahead of time?

Are you looking at it through the website or through the app? I've seen the "complete your magic band order for pick up at check-in" on I think both the website and the app. But when I'm on the website (this could also be true on the app -- I just haven't checked) and click on "My MagicBands and Cards" to go to that page, when I scroll down a little bit, I see this:

Capture2.JPG

But if I scroll down a little further to where it says: "XXX days to complete your order. Why?" and then click on the "Why?" I get this:

Capture.JPG

So I would say as long as you're ordering more than 11 days before your check-in date, they will be shipped to your house.

Polydweller

It says that because they don’t ship until nearer your travel date. Up until they ship, for you around May, you can change your choices. So, it’s basically telling you that you can still change them. And they still ship if in the USA.

TheGuyThatMakesSwords

"complete your magicband order for pickup at check-in" is perhaps one of the WORST worded elements on that so-called Website.
It confuses hundreds of people, and results in loads of phone calls.

Yes, your MB WILL be sent to you. Some very poor PR person, or Coder, tossed in the "no choice default" position for a MB. Better to get more wordy:

"Make style/color choices by xxxxx, and your MBs will be shipped to you. After xxxxx, your MB order will be ready for pickup at check-in. If you do not personalize? Your Generic GREY MBs will be ready for pickup at check-in".

Pet peeve of mine.... simple TEXT on a Webserver is cheap. Add some coherent TEXT today. No need for Flying Goofy animations :).

James J

In the Parks
No
It says that because they don’t ship until nearer your travel date. Up until they ship, for you around May, you can change your choices. So, it’s basically telling you that you can still change them. And they still ship if in the USA.

That isn't always the case though. There are plenty of times where they've sent them out as soon as they've been ordered - for our October 2019 trip, we ordered our bands on 18th July and they were shipped 5 days later.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
That isn't always the case though. There are plenty of times where they've sent them out as soon as they've been ordered - for our October 2019 trip, we ordered our bands on 18th July and they were shipped 5 days later.
That is definitely the case with the upgraded ones.
But I got the complimentary ones for my July trip and my friend who is leaving tomorrow also opted for complimentary ones and we both got them the 24ish days out just like in the past.

wendysue

We booked our upcoming trip months ago and I requested NO magic bands as we ordered some of the special ones and already have them, but MDE now says that our MB's are waiting for us at checkout.... Must be a glitch. I went on MDE and inactivated the MB's that have waiting for us. I couldn't get the "decline new Magic Bands" button to work.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
We booked our upcoming trip months ago and I requested NO magic bands as we ordered some of the special ones and already have them, but MDE now says that our MB's are waiting for us at checkout.... Must be a glitch. I went on MDE and inactivated the MB's that have waiting for us. I couldn't get the "decline new Magic Bands" button to work.
It really doesn't matter.
They likely mean they will have gray ones to give you at check in.
If you don't want them then don't take them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom