Do the parks sell larger-sized clothing?

geekza

Original Poster
I noticed at the Shop Disney site that the largest size they sell in men's clothes is 2XL. Is this true of the parks as well? I'd really like to get a Haunted Mansion shirt while I'm there, but I typically wear a 3XL shirt. At least if I know ahead of time that I'm too fat for Disney I can save time looking.

geekza

Original Poster
shopdisneyparks app is pretty decent when it comes to store inventories.
I would assume that it has the same inventory as the website, wouldn't it?

EDIT: So, I downloaded the app. It does look like some items are available in 3XL, but it's definitely limited. Some is better than none, I guess.

bjlc57

no the plus sizes are a poor selection.. and I assume that this is determined by some algorithm some where.. its determined that big people don't go to disney world and we don't buy shirts.. I cant buy WHAT THEY DON"T SELL.. and nothing in a tall .. NOTHING..

Gelatoni

Yes I've seen up 5xl you can use the shopdisney app to better find them but they are usually for main things such as the parks and events like Halloween and Christmas.

danyoung56

I've gotta have at least a 3X, and Disney has in the past year or so started stocking more of this size. You just have to check store by store and see.

correcaminos

no the plus sizes are a poor selection.. and I assume that this is determined by some algorithm some where.. its determined that big people don't go to disney world and we don't buy shirts.. I cant buy WHAT THEY DON"T SELL.. and nothing in a tall .. NOTHING..
I think it is more about what sells to the average person. They have very very few items in my size on the other end of the scale. Even when I found a shirt in my size last time, it was about 2 sizes too big fitting still. So they sell to the larger group of sizes that people might fall under. Sucks for anyone outside of the 'average' though.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Usually you will find the “year” theme in the larger than 3x size. Most other things are up to 3x only and for the most part their sizes run small.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
On shopdisney.com search "plus size mens" and it will come up with larger shirts usually 3XL or 4XL but sometimes 5XL.

https://www.shopdisney.com/search?query=plus size mens tee shirts

My husband needs larger shirts too and is often frustrated at the selection. He usually finds the larger sizes in the "year" (2017 or 2018) type shirts, which isn't necessarily the shirts he wants. We did find a 4X and a 5X on Main Street this past summer but again it was in a year type of shirt.

If you want Disney style shirts in larger sizes try tee public, my husband gets a lot of shirts from them.

Driver

I would suggest asking for the sizes you are having trouble finding. They do have most items in large sizes up to 5X. If they don't have it at the store you're in they can tell you which one does, verify it, and have them hold it with your name. Or you can purchase it and they'll send it to your room. We have a store available to CM's with all the close outs and overstocks and it is full of these items that no one buys.

Cmdr_Crimson

I use to get XL size shirts....Then I learned how bad these shirts like to have a tendency to shrink. I had a really nice blue Epcot Center shirt that became a medium after 2 washes lol ..So for safer sides I go to 2-3xl size as then it takes a little longer for the shirt to shrink....But, yes most of the stores will carry larger sizes...

jaklgreen

In the past few years they had stopped stocking the bigger sizes. I think they got too many complaints because on my trip a couple of weeks ago, I noticed the bigger sizes(2X,3X) were back. Not every style had them and I think they went quick but they were there. Last year I sent in an email about the clothing sizing in general. They seemed to get Asian sized clothing for the woman, where the XL size was more along what we normally see as a medium. It was very hard to find shirts that actually fit. Even my skinny teen girls were hard pressed to find comfortably fitting clothes. I had heard from several cast members that the lady who was in charge of buying the clothes was a small, petite lady who disdained bigger people. I am glad they are fixing this issue. It is stupid to alienate a huge chunk of the buying market. I can't imagine how much money they lost.

Minnie1976

With the size of people at Disney they need to have sizes larger than 2XL. Also for some reason Disney's clothes run small so if you wear a 2XL their 2XL will probably not fix. My husband wears a big man's size and rarely can get anything at Disney.

correcaminos

With the size of people at Disney they need to have sizes larger than 2XL. Also for some reason Disney's clothes run small so if you wear a 2XL their 2XL will probably not fix. My husband wears a big man's size and rarely can get anything at Disney.
We've found sizing the opposite for us. Might depend on where you shop normally, so I'd suggest people to check a few sizes before buying.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
I have found most shirt sizing at Disney, particularly in Polo and Hawaiian shirts, to have "shifted" down. A number of shirts I've bought show 2XL in USA sizing and 3XL in European/China/HK size. I normally wear a 2XL, but for Disney shirts, I can comfortably wear a USA XL [which is a 2XL anywhere else].

ninjaprincesst

i don't know about mens, but womens can go either way, I have seen some 2X shirts that will barles fit my size small daughter, and then there are some XL that fall off of me when i normaly take a xxl.

MissM

My husband wears a 2XLT and can sometimes substitute a 3xl for a "tall" length one but generally, we find that there aren't a lot of larger sized shirts available and when they are, the cut of the shirts just get boxier and wider but rarely longer making them too wide and too short at the same time. They NEVER carry actual tall length shirts.

For as many plus sized guests as Disney has, it continually surprises me how few larger sizes they regularly carry!!

(Sizing for women's clothing is all over the place too; if it's a "women's" / "misses" cut shirt, a small is often quite large and I have to size down to an XS, but if it's a Jr's sizing, I have to size up to a medium. And it's seemingly random which is in which size scale!)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom