Do the custodians still do this?

SoupBone

I was there for new years and they were definitely still doing it. It was a treat considering it's not something you would expect from custodial staff.

Disney Dawg88

Yep, they absolutely still do it. I've seen it several times this year - some while in the process of drawing it on the ground and other times I've stumbled upon the drawing after it was finished.

Nemo14

We saw them in DHS in September. I had never seen this before - pretty cool!
picture.php

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Those look really cool but I kinda wonder if the sidewalks are pretreated for the drawings to be so perfect

They have these special brooms that they use, well not special. They are regular brooms, but all the bristles are bundled up. I don't think they do anything special to the sidewalks though.

Found 1 more.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

SosoDude

I've got a pic of Tinkerbell from Sept of 09 at home . I'll try to post it later. We just kind of walked up to the guy as he was doing it in Tomorrowland. It was interesting , but almost everyone else just walked by without noticing.

dramamama

We came up on the CMs doing these at night in the MK in December.
We had no idea what they were doing, but we joined a good sized crowd and enjoyed it with everyone else. It was so neat!

Rozzie

Those are some pretty good drawings. I remember probably around 2007 when we starting making a big deal out of it. We had a couple of guys draw mickey with a mop and that thing took up the whole street in town square in front of the train station (picture on the internet somewhere). I love doing it ( I am the red head drawing mickey when we are doing our wave in the hub on the disney blog website) but with working on main street its a little hard doing it with the crowds especially in the morning. But yea, i think everyone does an excellent job and it shows that we can do more than just cleaning.

Lisalyn

We were there in November and they were doing it. I also loved the fact that they do the bubbles AND the hand high fiving with the huge Mickey gloves. I looked forward to that each morning at whatever park I happened to be visiting.:)

raven

Those look really cool but I kinda wonder if the sidewalks are pretreated for the drawings to be so perfect

Every inch of pavement is either hosed down or power washed each night. Once every 2 weeks each secion of pavement is mowed with a bleach chemical as well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom