Do Star Wars weekends detract from lines for the normal rides/entertainment?

Rob562

Like the others in this thread, I've found that in terms of the non-Star-Tours attractions in the park they're no different than any other day that time of year.

The people coming for SWW are there for the character M&G's, parade, shows, autographs and shopping, not the other attractions.

What you *will* see are more crowded walkways, dining establishments and parking lot, since everyone in the park uses those regardless of why they're there.

-Rob

Upvote 0

mousehockey37

Like the others in this thread, I've found that in terms of the non-Star-Tours attractions in the park they're no different than any other day that time of year.

The people coming for SWW are there for the character M&G's, parade, shows, autographs and shopping, not the other attractions.

What you *will* see are more crowded walkways, dining establishments and parking lot, since everyone in the park uses those regardless of why they're there.

-Rob

I'll agree with this. The people who are coming for the Star Wars end of it are there for the Star Wars stuff. They're more than likely going to stick to that area and forget the rest of the park exists honestly.

Upvote 0

midnightsun

This weekend was the first SWW of the year and I think it made the lines longer. We were there last weekend as well and lines were decent. This weekend all the parks were noticeably more crowded and lines were longer, some twice as long as they were during the week. Was there something else that made the crowds larger? Possibly, but it seemed to be more Star Wars people.

Upvote 0

JohnD

Here's the deal: experience HS outside of SWW to experience the regular attractions. Focus primarily on SW during SWW. I didn't ride TSMM in order to get a FP+ to Stars of the Saga. And I skipped the stunt shows to allow time for Darth's Mall.

Which is okay because I did those things in December. If you have must dos and you have only one trip, try to schedule some weekdays at WDW and return to HS.

Side observation: Without the Osborne Lights most of the year, the Streets of America is woefully empty of anything to do.

Upvote 0

kimrn87

I did notice photo pass photographers are being used to take Star Wars pics and not always available with some of the regular Disney character pics.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom