Do Projects Die Because of Internet Rumors?

DisneyparkFreak

Original Poster
I read an article yesterday about the ending of Avengers: Age of Ultron where the ending was changed because of internet rumors that proved to be true at the time. Does the same thing happen with Parks and Resorts? Were there projects that were in final stages of approval pulled because of internet rumors or insider leaks?

ToTBellHop

I read an article yesterday about the ending of Avengers: Age of Ultron where the ending was changed because of internet rumors that proved to be true at the time. Does the same thing happen with Parks and Resorts? Were there projects that were in final stages of approval pulled because of internet rumors or insider leaks?
Perhaps you mean “guest response to leaks”? Yes. And sometimes the leakiness was planned.

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
I wouldnt say projects die so to speak, such as movies....just changed around. People on Reddit leaked the whole Han Solo being Kylo Ren's father thing months before TFA came out and they didnt edit anything in terms of their interactions in the finished product.

EOD K9

I can see a CEO type finding out that there is a project that we like and want and immediately cutting funding.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
The internet was pretty steamed about DCA's TOT being converted to GotG when that was announced, but that didn't stop them from making that transformation... (though maybe internet rumors of the same thing happening in Orlando and the negative response to that helped stop that from happening)...

TrojanUSC

You must realize that to Disney, the relatively small subset of fanboys on the internet has no real impact on their business decisions - outside of a few small token events to cater to them and rake in some extra dollars. If they really cared what internet chatter said, Tower of Terror would still be at Disneyland.

GiveMeTheMusic

The internet was pretty steamed about DCA's TOT being converted to GotG when that was announced, but that didn't stop them from making that transformation... (though maybe internet rumors of the same thing happening in Orlando and the negative response to that helped stop that from happening)...

Negative response had nothing to do with saving WDW's TOT. Operational needs and Kalogridis' reticence to close it did. If TOT resided in a theme park with a full roster of attractions, like DCA for example, it would not have been so easily spared.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom