Do princesses talk?

Cynderella

because it's a joke nimrod :fork:

i could care less if or how long a character interacts with guests. it does make it special for the little ones. i had a very long talk with aurora one night because she had just visited my hometown for a horse race, which is a big deal cuz it's a tiny town and not known for anything special. i'm thinking she might have lived there at some point prior to living in her castle.

but anyhow, was just a joke. don't take it so personally. unless you are one of the blabbing characters... then i apologize. i didn't have any particular scenarios in mind when i wrote that. again, just a stupid one-liner.

jeez... so many people on here are lacking a sense of humor and always jump to conclusions or are waaaaay too sensitive. but i guess it is a good cross-sampling of the pitiful state of the PC world that we live in nowadays.

It is usually very hard to get your feelings across the way you want them when you type them out. You mean it one way but someone may read it a different way. That's the sucky thing about typing out your feelings. :wave:

rigama

Original Poster
Oh my goodness, I'm so excited about this! Personally, I could take or leave the princesses, but my son-well he's really excited about them. I asked this question because he made it very clear that the only way he wanted to eat with ANY character was "If they have a conversation with me." We have family going with us and they are doing CRT, and my son wants to join them, but I was wondering if he'd be disappointed by creepy mute chicks. Glad he won't be!:D

DisneyPhD

Oh my goodness, I'm so excited about this! Personally, I could take or leave the princesses, but my son-well he's really excited about them. I asked this question because he made it very clear that the only way he wanted to eat with ANY character was "If they have a conversation with me." We have family going with us and they are doing CRT, and my son wants to join them, but I was wondering if he'd be disappointed by creepy mute chicks. Glad he won't be!:D

Ok, now I have to tell a story.

Many a years a go I used to teach preschool. I know ASL (American Sign Lanuage) so I always taught my kids it. I also explained how deaf people used it and taught a little bit about communicating with people who couldn't talk or hear.

So after one of my students (4 years old) went down to WDW her mom had a story to tell me. When she 1st saw the characters and they wouldn't talk to her she thought that meant they were Deaf (pretty smart girl). She started to sign with them. They knew some signs and signed back. How funny is that??????? My own kids have never tried signing to them, but I have found I am pretty good at reading their "body language." :lol: Expect please and thank you. They use those all the time though.

bobogator

Off topic: DisneyPhD...is that Wolverine Mickey in your profile a real statue, or something you Photoshopped? If it's a real statue, would you mind sharing where you bought it? I'd like to get a Florida Gators one (but don't let that affect your willingness to share the info). :)

Thanks!
Gary

DisneyPhD

Off topic: DisneyPhD...is that Wolverine Mickey in your profile a real statue, or something you Photoshopped? If it's a real statue, would you mind sharing where you bought it? I'd like to get a Florida Gators one (but don't let that affect your willingness to share the info). :)

Thanks!
Gary

It is a picture of a statue you could buy. It came in the mail (I think because DH is alumni, but not sure.) We didn't buy it, but DH was playing around with the scaner and scaned it.

I think they offered other ones. This was 3 years ago or more. My best guess is it was Lenex or something like that. Try a few googles and see what comes up.

rigama

Original Poster
Ok, now I have to tell a story.

Many a years a go I used to teach preschool. I know ASL (American Sign Lanuage) so I always taught my kids it. I also explained how deaf people used it and taught a little bit about communicating with people who couldn't talk or hear.

So after one of my students (4 years old) went down to WDW her mom had a story to tell me. When she 1st saw the characters and they wouldn't talk to her she thought that meant they were Deaf (pretty smart girl). She started to sign with them. They knew some signs and signed back. How funny is that??????? My own kids have never tried signing to them, but I have found I am pretty good at reading their "body language." :lol: Expect please and thank you. They use those all the time though.

Very cute story! Kids are so darn funny!

Yesterday we bought dog food for a friend and the guy at costco kept asking about the Doggie to my son. He looked at him and in a very firm voice said "The DOG is named Max." Of course the guy kept on the the doggy stuff, but the cashier was pretty amused.

ilovechipndale

Just so you know, if you go to CRT for breakfast, you'll get to meet several princesses as well as the Fairy Godmother. If you go to dinner, you'll only get to meet Cinderella, but Suzy and Perla (the mice) and the Fairy Godmother do an adorable little show every hour or so in the restaurant. You can get pictures with them, but no autographs unfortunately. Just wanted to let you know, in case that made an impact on whether or not your son goes! Have a great time though!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom