Do people protest at the gates a lot?

Steamboat_Kevin

Original Poster
When I went to DL last summer, there were people outside the gates holding picket signs saying things about how Disney has a history of racism and stuff :rolleyes: So I'm just wondering if people protest there a lot???

Dunno, when I was there this past March there wasn't anyone picketing, sereiously though protesting that Disney has a history of racisim? people have too much time on there hands, they should rather go feed hungy children or do something else useful to society...

orangefan15

I've never seen anyone protesting at WDW...that just strikes me as totally stupid.

We have to see these people dong this all over the place all the time, then I pay thousands of dollars to get away from everything only to have to see people with pickets? That would severely bother me.

Besides, I would imagine Disney wouldn't allow it...and I don't they have to given that it is their private property.

pheneix

>>>I'm just wondering if people protest there a lot???<<<

When you have such a high populous area like So. Cal there are generally a lot of rejects with nothing better to do. Every now and then you'll see the same ones in the paper about how loud and "poisonous" Disney's fireworks are.

Cheryl

Please forgive me if I'm wrong but I haven't heard of anyone protesting outside WDW with the exception of last year when the cooks and maid service were on strike at the Swan and Dolphin (I think I recall it being at that hotel).:confused: :zipit:

Never heard of anyone picketing Disney for racism before! Wow, I'm flabbergasted!:dazzle:

jaylenofan86

From what I have read and heard, correct me if I'm wrong, but I heard and read from Mouse Tales that Disneyland hasn't put any minorities in any high ranking jobs at Disneyland, so they are protesting about it.

CAPTAIN HOOK

Originally posted by jaylenofan86
From what I have read and heard, correct me if I'm wrong, but I heard and read from Mouse Tales that Disneyland hasn't put any minorities in any high ranking jobs at Disneyland, so they are protesting about it.

Remove this entry if you want - but people get high ranking jobs on ABILITY not the colour of their skin. There is too much in this world built around "political correctness"

GaryT977

They had that show on the Travel Channel a couple of months ago about Animal Kingdom, and some protests when it opened over the treatment of animals or the captivity of animals or something, but it didn't last too long.

Also, there are usually a few protestors during the Gay Day events every year, and there's one guy that always rents a plane to fly some obnoxious message overhead.

Other than that, I've never heard of any. What is there to protest about? The place is too much fun?

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Every year on Gay Day, the southern baptist coalition pickets just on the edge of WDW property

SirNim

I read in Frommer's guidebook to LA, of all places, that Disneyland was once invaded by protestors who were rioting against the Vietnam War (so this took place around that time) and they captured Tom Sawyer Island and raised the Viet Cong flag.

dianedisney

:sohappy: Yeah Captain Hook.....I may get zapped too but I agree with you on PC, it is getting rather tiring like walking on egg shells.

:) Also I love your avatar, never seen one like it.

thedream86

Protesters

Last Aug. when I was at disneyland there were some people protesting an up comming movie, I geusses they had hired a spanish actor to play a mexican foak hero or somthing. It's probably a lot worse in Anahime than at WDW becuse it's right in the middle of town and not 5 miles back into the woods.

On a simmiler note, I tryed to round up some protester when I found out Country Bear Jamboree was going the way of the dodo, but insted my freinds and I just ended up going in the park all day. God I miss that show.

jcrb

Originally posted by Steamboat_Kevin
When I went to DL last summer, there were people outside the gates holding picket signs saying things about how Disney has a history of racism and stuff :rolleyes: So I'm just wondering if people protest there a lot???

It could only happen in LA. (anah)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom