do i need the disney look at the presentation?

steviej

Original Poster
hello all, as far as the disney look is concerned, I'm going to a presentation for the wdwcp on april 3. now, my hair is long, i was thinking of getting a tattoo which i guess i won't. Should I cut my hair for the presentation? and what should i wear? would a suit be a little much? thank you all! :wave:

maelstrom

You can have a tattoo and still work for Disney. They will just place you in a role where the costume would cover it. Of course, if you have a tattoo on your hand or somewhere else that can't really be covered up, that would probably be a problem.

I think a suit would definately be a bit much. Try something like khakis and a polo shirt if you want to make a really good impression.

ICP06

From an International perspective anyway...

There were guys on my presentation who, while they didnt have long hair (i.e it wasnt even close to their shoulders), it wasn't Disney Look compliant (i.e was over the ears, below shirt collar etc.). Not sure if they got in, but *shrugs*

As for tatoos, you would need to have one that can be obscured. For instance, if it's on your back and you have a white shirt on your uniform, as far as I know, you have to wear a t-shirt/vest underneath or a jacket (or whatever) over it to ensure it's not visible. If it's on your lower leg, you wont be able to wear shorts with your costume-even in the hot Floridian summers!

Finally at my presentation/interview, all the guys were wearing suits. I chose not to wear the jacket with mine but that was perfectly ok.

Good luck at your interview!

WDWKat26

In my honest opinion, if you want a better chance of getting in, the Disney look is the best way to go. Which would probably mean getting your hair cut. When I was at casting in '04...there were girls there in tube tops and guys with pants hanging down past their butts. They were turned around and told to change and come back. Think of it as a job interview, I would definitely agree with ICP06 and say Khakis would probably be your best bet and with a dress shirt or a polo shirt. Good luck!

Greg34

When I got a call from a casting Agent at WDW (who is no longer there) I was told not to dress up, but just come casual. The rest of the people there were not really dressed up ethier. It proably wouldn't hurt to go with a pair of Kahki's and a polo shirt though.

CrashNet

You want to dress presentable, no jeans or shorts, no tennis shoes. I wore kahkis and a button up shirt with no tie.

As far as the Disney look...if you are out of the Disney look, you may want to consider making the changes necessary to fit into it. You don't have to, and if they like you they will still hire you, but in my personal opinion it would help with the first impression. Tatoos are allowed to, but they have to be ones that can be covered.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom