do i need a FP for the fireworks/parades?

edhall

Original Poster
are any of the following worth burning a fast pass on?

1) illuminations
2) main street electric parade
3) festival of fantasy parade
4) wishes nightime spectacular

I was hoping to experience these adequately without one! lol

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
In my opinion, no. Save the FP for attractions. Just know that you likely cannot show up at the last possible second and expect great views. Plan to be there a little early and you should be all set.
Of course, if you truly value perfect viewing locations over other rides, then that is your vacation to do as you feel best.

mousehockey37

No. If you stake out spots at the right time you'll have nothing to worry about. If you get the right spot for MSEP, you can also have a great spot for Wishes. The FoF, as long as you're aware of what time it is, just park yourself somewhere good (if you want the deck at the trainstation, get there EARLY!!!!). Illuminations, find a way to check the wind direction. You could burn a FP on being in the direction of the smoke.

Clamman73

You don't really need to, but if you used the three on rides early enough in the day, check for it at the kiosk for your fourth fastpass.

RinkaDink

I'd say no. I've gotten a pretty relaxing spot for Illuminations at the furthest point from the entrance to the World Showcase. Crowds light, we were right at the wall. At Magic Kingdom, I usually get a good spot for Wishes and fireworks by the fence on or near the Bridge by the Rose garden. Then we dive back in to Tomorrowland for Magic Hours without fighting the crowd. We also got a pretty decent, though slightly distant view of the end of the Electrical Parade on the bridge near Liberty Square. All the performers waved to us as they headed out of view. Kinda magical, actually. It was very quiet and not crowded, which for someone with a problem standing in crowds was awesome. Enjoy!

SAV

I would go with a No. I never have and have been able to see all. You may not be front row for these things, but you will be able to see. If you want front row for FOF or MSEP/Wishes, go and stake out your spot early along the route in the hub area. At night you'll get to watch both from that same spot. I have found our spot about 30 minutes before Illuminations and had a great view of everything, right along the railing. If it wasn't for the projection show, I prefer to watch wishes from behind the castle anyways. Fireworks going off all around you.

TXDisney

I say no especially if you're not traveling during busy season. I would recommend trying to get a good spot though an hour or so before the show

KLinder7

I say no for all of them. Save them for hard to get rides. For MSEP try to go to the 2nd showing and literally you can get a good spot anywhere, not many people around. Illuminations wouldn't either as EPCOT has tiers so you wouldn't be able to get Test Track or Soarin'. If you have the money do the dessert party as it won't waste a fastpass and you get a great view in a roped off area.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
are any of the following worth burning a fast pass on?
200.gif

Philharmagically

I've booked a FP for FoF (near Town Hall), but that's because I have two days at MK, and want to not have to worry about trying to find a place to watch it (also have a lunch ressie for BoG).

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
I would also chime in with a NO except for special circumstances.... when we do July 4th, we book FP+ for Illuminations (and would recommend for New Year's also). Otherwise we'd be fighting too many people for a decent viewing spot (even in the restaurants).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom