Do I Make Change Due to Rain??!

brodie_ou

Original Poster
Need some advice!

We are at Disney for six days, starting this Sunday. We are starting at Animal Kingdom this Sunday, the 22nd (and ending there next Friday). We have one day at Epcot (the 25th). Sunday is now forecasted for 90% chance of rain, potentially heavy at times. I have read that Animal Kingdom is the worst park for rain and Epcot is the best. I am wondering if I should swap my days and go to Epcot this Sunday and Animal Kingdom on the 25th. However, I would lose all my fast passes! Not sure it would make sense to change for that reason. Thoughts???

StarWarsGirl

Need some advice!

We are at Disney for six days, starting this Sunday. We are starting at Animal Kingdom this Sunday, the 22nd (and ending there next Friday). We have one day at Epcot (the 25th). Sunday is now forecasted for 90% chance of rain, potentially heavy at times. I have read that Animal Kingdom is the worst park for rain and Epcot is the best. I am wondering if I should swap my days and go to Epcot this Sunday and Animal Kingdom on the 25th. However, I would lose all my fast passes! Not sure it would make sense to change for that reason. Thoughts???
Were you able to get Flight of Passage on the other day you're at AK?

I would switch. AK is miserable in the rain. I'd just get there early if you're set on doing FoP. You'll have to plan for some long lines, but rain and AK just don't mix.

brodie_ou

Original Poster
Were you able to get Flight of Passage on the other day you're at AK?

I would switch. AK is miserable in the rain. I'd just get there early if you're set on doing FoP. You'll have to plan for some long lines, but rain and AK just don't mix.
Thanks for the input! We did not get Flight of Passage, it was already unavailable!

StarWarsGirl

Thanks for the input! We did not get Flight of Passage, it was already unavailable!
I'd definitely switch then. Depending on if Safari or FoP is more important to you, go to one of those first thing. Everest has a single riders line that moves pretty quickly if that's mobbed. You can check to see if you can switch your FPs; there might be something available.

Hank Hill

But the bonus is AK really clears out in the rain, more so than other parks from my experience. So if you are prepared, you can feel like you have the park almost to yourself. I would expect FoP to still have a 2 hour line all day even in heavy rain though.

JIMINYCR

EP does give you the luxury of getting from one pavilion to the next with less of a soaking. But AK can still bre enjoyed enough to make it still a go. It all depends on how you feel about traversing in the rain and how bad the downpour will be. For me, I'd still keep my plans for AK.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Its Disney during the busiest time of the year. Poncho, raincoat, waterproof backpack cover, extra socks. Both of the parks you chose will be fine if you're equipped. Anything but Magic Kingdom.

Club Cooloholic

I was caught in the rain at AKL with my family last June, A drizzle is fine but this was torrential, and there were scant areas to go to to hide it for it.

BASS

If it rains, it can be an equally miserable experience, regardless where you are. I'd stick to your plan and cross your fingers that it doesn't rain. However, pack accordingly. Ponchos at Disney are regrettably a fortune. You can probably save yourself a cheap bottle of wine if you bring some from home.

UKDisney Dave

AK in the rain can be okay.

I had my best ever safari in the rain. Most of the animals were nonplussed by it, even seemed to enjoy it. The elephants however were loving it! Messing about, rolling around. Most active I’ve ever seen them.

Also with my nephews rode Everest countless times back to back (they say they did 15 rides....I gave up and hit the gift shop when I hit double figures!) due to the rain. Park cleared out and by 8pm it was a ghost town. Walking back from Everest to discovery island we never saw another guest only cast members until we were in front of the tree of life.

So don’t write it off too soon. Just embrace the damp and enjoy.

Mickey5150

Humans are the only animals that think rain is going to hurt them. Well, and bugs, but they are in a tree so they're fine. I've never switched park days because of the rain and I've never had a bad day because of the rain.

Hank Hill

Humans are the only animals that think rain is going to hurt them. Well, and bugs, but they are in a tree so they're fine. I've never switched park days because of the rain and I've never had a bad day because of the rain.
I was at Blizzard Beach one time and the skies opened up and it started a heavy rain. No lightning so we were not kicked out of the water. I couldn't believe how many people started running for shelter and left the park. They left the WATER park because of rain. We stayed and had a great time. The sun was back out a hour and a half later and the park was empty.

Moka

Like many others are saying, just go prepared for the rain. Nothing you can do about it, but if your FP gets rained out likely you’ll get a multi experience FP so then you can use it when it stops raining. In Florida, even with those 90% forecasts, it almost never will rain all day. And even if, there’s always a good amount of breaks in the rain. So yeah, if prepared, you’ll be okay.

macefamily

Buy your ponchos offsite ! You can get cheap ponchos at a Walgreen's instead of paying $15 in the park. We never let the rain slow us down. We just have the ponchos folded up and ready to use in the backpack. My wife also brings a shower cap. She looks like an idiot, but her hair is dry.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom