DLR Visit Help

Movielover

Original Poster
Hello everyone, West coast newbie here, been to DLR once way back in 2009. I may be getting the chance to visit the DLR sometime in early October, not sure of the exact date. Does anyone have any insight on what day to visit? I was thinking on a Monday or Tuesday. Will I most likely need a second day for everything at the resort, or with careful planning could I make it through both parks in one day?

Any helpful advice or tips would be appreciated.

BasiltheBatLord

A local AP can answer your question about which day to visit better than me, but here's a crowd calendar I found by googling: http://www.isitpacked.com/disneyland-crowd-forecast-predictor-calendar/

If you're going in early October then you're gonna be running into all of the Halloween stuff. Halloween at the resort is great, but you should be warned about Mickey's Halloween Party. This is a ticketed event that goes into effect at night time for Disneyland and is basically just a price gouging feature of getting people to pay twice for a full day at the park. (i.e., if you haven't bought a seperate ticket for the Halloween party then you have to leave the park at night time, even if you already have a day ticket). However I've done the Halloween party once and attraction wait times seemed to be very low, so if you can afford it maybe it's worth it. But if I remember right there were rumors that the Halloween party may not be happening this year? Not sure.

Lastly, yes I think you will need two days. You could get a one-day park hopper + MaxPass and go ham and get a lot done (especially if you pay for the Halloween party) but in general DLR is at least a two day resort.

drizgirl

Hello everyone, West coast newbie here, been to DLR once way back in 2009. I may be getting the chance to visit the DLR sometime in early October, not sure of the exact date. Does anyone have any insight on what day to visit? I was thinking on a Monday or Tuesday. Will I most likely need a second day for everything at the resort, or with careful planning could I make it through both parks in one day?

Any helpful advice or tips would be appreciated.
A Tuesday or Wednesday would be better. Mondays have been pretty busy days.

You could hit the highlights (with MaxPass) with a one day park hopper, but you won't come close to doing it all. No way will you do it all even in 2 days.

You might miss some night entertainment going only during the week. Not sure what they'll be showing at the time or if it will show on weeknights.

Watch the schedule in October for Mickey's Halloween party. If you only have one day, you probably don't want it to be an early close day.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom