DLR continues to operate with less than half the number of pre-pandemic staff

Tamandua

Original Poster
Before the closure, the resort employed about 32,000 workers. D’Amaro said the resort has about 15,000 employees back at work, and he expects to hire hundreds more over the next few months. It remains unclear when or whether the resort will return to its pre-pandemic staffing levels.

J4546

They will never go back to what it was, I cant imagine how much money they are saving with 10,000 less staff at DLR! I went a couple weeks ago and staffing wise it felt fine for the places that were open. But there were alot of closed food spots at the time.

and also, if they had a fat and sad thor walking around from time to time, thatd be awesome

Tamandua

Original Poster
Not only are they saving a ton of money on staff, but they're having everyone pay full price without APs. They are probably trying to figure out how to live in this maximum revenue, minimal labor cost mode as long as possible.

However, it's probably unfair to assume that they don't want to have more staff working. They say they do, but the unemployment benefits induced labor shortage has made it impossible. This is why I'm happy to wait to go back to DLR. I went on April 30th and I understood the rusty performance all around because it was the first day, but they clearly are having to cut corners and will be for some time.

George Lucas on a Bench

The issue I've heard with staffing is not enough people means the existing staff are being overworked with long shifts and they are unable to give away shifts in the case of the casual part timers, a gig that only makes sense if you're, you know, part time. But the expectation of full availability is rearing its ugly head and they're basically stuck having to work what they give them.

I've also heard that staff are no longer being paid for the walk in and out of wardrobe to and from their areas, which was something Disney had done prior to the reopening.

Tamandua

Original Poster
The issue I've heard with staffing is not enough people means the existing staff are being overworked with long shifts and they are unable to give away shifts in the case of the casual part timers, a gig that only makes sense if you're, you know, part time. But the expectation of full availability is rearing its ugly head and they're basically stuck having to work what they give them.

I've also heard that staff are no longer being paid for the walk in and out of wardrobe to and from their areas, which was something Disney had done prior to the reopening.
Staff must really be miserable in their jobs right now. I think I know how Disney can make it right though...

Disney soon to be allowing twice as many tattoos as they are now.

TrojanUSC

They say they do, but the unemployment benefits induced labor shortage has made it impossible.

No, it's that why would someone go to work at Disneyland when they have to park a million miles away, add an hour onto their shift without pay just to get to/from their work location all for less than they could make at any number of comparable places doing the same kind of job. Plus, a lot of the former "lifers" got jobs elsewhere during the pandemic and/or don't have an interest to coming back that is not their long-time work location.

Tamandua

Original Poster
Wait the company that continually pushed the limits of cutting benefits and staffing for their customers is continuing to do so? How could this be!
I still can't believe that Disney will open a brand new attraction, advertise the attraction and hype it up, sell lots of tickets to people who mainly want to experience the new attraction, and only allow people to experience it via lottery. When I was a kid, the Indiana Jones line was like 4 hours long, but if you went to Disneyland and absolutely wanted to ride it, you could. Now you can spend thousands of dollars on a Disney parks vacation and not even get to do the things you want to do the most.

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

I still can't believe that Disney will open a brand new attraction, advertise the attraction and hype it up, sell lots of tickets to people who mainly want to experience the new attraction, and only allow people to experience it via lottery. When I was a kid, the Indiana Jones line was like 4 hours long, but if you went to Disneyland and absolutely wanted to ride it, you could. Now you can spend thousands of dollars on a Disney parks vacation and not even get to do the things you want to do the most.
Exactly

CaptinEO

It really is weird. First come first serve is always a good policy. This new system only can cause frustration.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom