DLR becomes smoke free May 1st

drizgirl

StarWarsGirl

Will it apply to e-Cigarettes?
The current policy on WDW's site mentions e-cigs specifically. I can't imagine that the DL rules would be different and that this wouldn't apply under the new policy.

DanielBB8

Robert Niles just tweeted:

"In talking with Disneyland brass, it really was the fact that they ran out of places to put a smoking area that drove this decision more than any desire to make a health statement."
Didn't they think of monetizing the smoking areas? It should be enclosed in an out of way area in the park.
In Disneyland, second floor of Innoventions in the unused areas; Main Street behind Fire Station when not used as bypass for parades.
DCA, in the never used cafeteria in Hollywood Backlot, beyond Monster's Inc.

George Lucas on a Bench

Historically, these smoking sections don't require much room anyway. One of them used to be that bench with the cavalry sign behind Thunder Mountain. And yes, it's directly on a path and not secluded in any way.

Ismael Flores

I'm looking forward to not associating one side of Grizzly Peak with second hand smoke. :) This almost makes up for Pixar Pier.

I loved it this weekend when i passed thru that area and no one was smoking. The smoking area had been moved to the bottom level of the silly symphony swings while it is being refurbished. It was nice seeing people enjoying the walkway behind the grizzley ride without having to get choked by the smoke. i definately saw an uptick of visitors using the walkway now that there is no smoking there

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom