DLP gets Philharmagic What does this mean for WDW?

Bacon

Original Poster
So today at an event they announced philharmagic is coming to the discovery land theater in Disneyland Paris. The theater is now closed until October 2018. That seems like a long time to add it in the projected unless it’s updated? I don’t know though @marni1971

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
So today at an event they announced philharmagic is coming to the discovery land theater in Disneyland Paris. The theater is now closed until October 2018. That seems like a long time to add it in the projected unless it’s updated? I don’t know though @marni1971
If it’s going in Videopolis at DLP the building will need a lot of adaptation. It’s designed for occasional stage shows and as a QSR eating area, not an attraction.

Bacon

Original Poster
If it’s going in Videopolis at DLP the building will need a lot of adaptation. It’s designed for occasional stage shows and as a QSR eating area, not an attraction.
I’m asking about if a film update is more likely now

Goofyernmost

I’m asking about if a film update is more likely now
Unless there is some information that I have missed, I cannot think why adding it to Paris has any affect on any update. That doesn't mean they might not update it. Last time I saw it it had no mention of Frozen in it and there must be a few drops left to milk out of that franchise.

PizzaPlanet

I think he's talking about the old Captain EO theater. Unless that's the same thing as Videopolis, I've never been to DLP and wouldn't know. But Philharmagic seems like a weird fit for Discoveryland.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Unless there is some information that I have missed, I cannot think why adding it to Paris has any affect on any update. That doesn't mean they might not update it. Last time I saw it it had no mention of Frozen in it and there must be a few drops left to milk out of that franchise.

There's been insider talk of updating PhilharMagic's film. Shows grow old. Projectors need to be replaced and you might as well update the projection technology when you do it.

Soarin' got the update when Shanghai got Soarin' Around the World. If there's any time to update PhilharMagic, it's when a new park gets a clone with an update and then all the other clones get the update, too.

Or... everything stays the same.

cjkeating

I'd be surprised if this was linked to an updated show, more that DLP struggles to find anything that fills that theatre but good on them for trying as I am sure WDW would just leave it shuttered.

I'll be interested to see how much of Phiharmagic we get other that the film, it's been so long since I saw Captain EO I can't remember what effects are already built in. I'll buy everyone a drink if we get the disappearing screen frame effect. ;)

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I'd be surprised if this was linked to an updated show, more that DLP struggles to find anything that fills that theatre but good on them for trying as I am sure WDW would just leave it shuttered.

I'll be interested to see how much of Phiharmagic we get other that the film, it's been so long since I saw Captain EO I can't remember what effects are already built in. I'll buy everyone a drink if we get the disappearing screen frame effect. ;)
I want to see if they use the HISTA motion base :)

Bacon

Original Poster
What effect did opening Soarin' in Epcot have on the show in DCA? (Hint: none at all)
That was what Five years apart? It still looked fine this is 15 YEARS in 2011 when it went to Japan the animation was excusable for the time, but now it looks like they got the people who made Jimmy Neutron to Animate it.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Why would DCA have to change anything when it was about California to begin with? Where it should have been different was in WDW.
Yeah, they should have done "Soarin' Over East Coastia," with shots flying through the major big cities on the East Coast. That would have been cool!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom