Dixie Stampede

webmomom

Original Poster
We went last week. I have very mixed feelings about it. First of all it is very nice to beable to see and touch the horses before the show., Their paddocks are in the front of the building and there are there for you to see.

When you go in you are herded into a large room full of tables for a pre-show. Much better than other horse shows in the area. Of course there are bars around for you to purchase drinks from. the pre-show is great. a man comes out on a horse and rides among the tables. this horse even climbs stairs to the balcony and comes back down. If you know anything about horses, they just don't do that.

Then you are taken into the arena. Then the show starts. I noticed when we sat down there were place settings but no silverware. Now they start to serve food and still no silver. then I find out there will not be any silver. You drink your soup, they serve a small whole chicken, a biscuit,a piece of pork, a large chunk of potato and corn on the cob. I really wish I had known before we went, as I had a nice pair of pants on and shirt and after eating chicken, etc with my fingers I had to watch there I put my hands. Now they did come through after desert, apple turnover, and give you hot towels to wipe your hands.
1/2 of the show was alright but then they had pig races, ostrich races, no audience, just the people performing and some other lame stuff. It seems to me they ran out of things to do and used this stuff to fill in with.

I asked if they did have silverware you could use if you did not like eating with your fingers and the answer was no. You can bring your own. I feel there should have been some mention in the brochure about this. I really don't know if I would spend the money and go back or not.

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
I went to this for the first time last night.

The show was okay, as was the food. I knew already that there wouldn't be silverware, but I still didn't like the fact that they didn't make that an option. I had been to the Dixie Stampede in Branson, MO before, but that was almost 5-6 years back. I wouldn't think about going again, however, it is good to see at least one time.

aimster

My parents have been to the one in Pigeon Forge, TN a few times and they love it. The preshow there is different as they have a hillbilly band perform. They went to the Dixie Stampede in Orlando this year while on vacation for m y mom's birthday and they liked that one alot too. basically the same show but a few things were different (the stair climbing horse and the buffalo that run thru the area at the beginning of the show). They think the food is really good. My mom doesn't like breaking apart the chicken with her fingers, so she just brings a plastic knife and fork from a fast food place. She's been told alot of people do that.

I'd like to check it out for myself sometime. I have absolutely no qualms with eating with my hands (that sounds fun actually) and drinking my drink out of a mason jar.

disney_nutter

My dad and brother went to it last summer and thought it was great, we usally go to pirates or medieveil time but they said they would go back to that one

EmeraldDolphin

Sounds a lot like medievel times, except of course the theme... but it's the same in that everyone is herded in to a large room for pre-show, and then in to the arena where the jousting takes place, and we get to eat with our hands. The food was just ok... I've seen the building, and thought I would like to try it, but you saved me some $. Thanks! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom