Divequest

Been_There

Original Poster
The Diving tour Divequest was one of the more fun diving experiences I have had. It is not the best but it was very fun.
The question is how much did you enjoy DiveQuest and if you could change anything about it what would it be?

If you do not know what Divequest is feel free to ask!:)

PurpleDragon

I have never tried Divequest, which I'm assuming is the diving experience at LS in EPCOT. I have been a certified diver for over 15 years and have never gotten around to it. I was just never able to justify spending that kind of money to swim around in, for all intents and purposes, an oversized fishtank. Its still sounds kinda neat, but given the current state of LS I don't think it would be too enjoyable, the tank environment looks very bad. It looks sickly almost, algae everywhere, very few fish, just not much to look at. Besides they don't use the neat entry tube anymore, I always wanted to try that.

P.S. Been_There, your avatar gives me the creeps, with those buggy eyes. :eek: Who/what is that picture of?

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
PurpleDragon said:
P.S. Been_There, your avatar gives me the creeps, with those buggy eyes. :eek: Who/what is that picture of?

it looks like Latrell Sprewell stoned. :lol: :dazzle: :dazzle: :dazzle:

RebeccaQ

I did DiveQuest once almost 4 years ago. I enjoyed it. The price really was not steep and it goes to Disney's conservation eforts, so it is well worth it. You can spend that much to do a regular dive, so it didn't seem really out of line. There is a certain uniqueness in diving in the Living Seas. It's true that it isn't exactly the Blue Hole, but it is fun and interesting in its own way. Interacting with the guests in the exhibit and in the Coral Reef restaurant is a real hoot. The children (especially) are just amazed when you go up to them and wave and press your hands to the tank wall and such. I don't know of any other dive where you can enjoy yourself and contribute special memories to someone else's vacation all at the same time. So, if you are looking only for challenging dives then this one doesn't fit the bill. But if you want to try something different and fun in a unique way, give DiveQuest a try. I know I will be doing it again because my own kids get a real kick out of getting to watch me dive. My son is counting down the days (years, actually) until he can get certified - he is a snorkeling fool since age three - so I'll bet we will be letting him do it down the line if they still offer it then.

Been_There

Original Poster
Buggy Eyes...LOL

PurpleDragon said:
I have never tried Divequest, which I'm assuming is the diving experience at LS in EPCOT. I have been a certified diver for over 15 years and have never gotten around to it. I was just never able to justify spending that kind of money to swim around in, for all intents and purposes, an oversized fishtank. Its still sounds kinda neat, but given the current state of LS I don't think it would be too enjoyable, the tank environment looks very bad. It looks sickly almost, algae everywhere, very few fish, just not much to look at. Besides they don't use the neat entry tube anymore, I always wanted to try that.

This is/was my avatar in StarWars Galaxies. I am rather fond of him but the editing process to make him small enough for an avatar on this forum made him a little squishy.

Been_There

Original Poster
Exactly...

RebeccaQ said:
I did DiveQuest once almost 4 years ago. I enjoyed it. The price really was not steep and it goes to Disney's conservation eforts, so it is well worth it. You can spend that much to do a regular dive, so it didn't seem really out of line. There is a certain uniqueness in diving in the Living Seas. It's true that it isn't exactly the Blue Hole, but it is fun and interesting in its own way. Interacting with the guests in the exhibit and in the Coral Reef restaurant is a real hoot. The children (especially) are just amazed when you go up to them and wave and press your hands to the tank wall and such. I don't know of any other dive where you can enjoy yourself and contribute special memories to someone else's vacation all at the same time. So, if you are looking only for challenging dives then this one doesn't fit the bill. But if you want to try something different and fun in a unique way, give DiveQuest a try. I know I will be doing it again because my own kids get a real kick out of getting to watch me dive. My son is counting down the days (years, actually) until he can get certified - he is a snorkeling fool since age three - so I'll bet we will be letting him do it down the line if they still offer it then.
I completely agree. A weekend Dive costs around $300-$400, and of course they can escalate dramatically around $1,300 if you choose a premier Dive spot like Cozumel staying about 5-7 days. DiveQuest charges about $150 for the 30-45minute dive. And a few hours for the tour before the Dive.

Even just the idea of Diving in an Aquarium is exciting for me. I guess I get that excited every time I dive though. But this just adds to the fantasy aspect of Disneyworld for me.

The most exciting part for me was when my children were watching me Dive and so proud to explain to other guests watching the divers perform for them that their papa was in the Aquarium.

PurpleDragon

Been_There said:
I completely agree. A weekend Dive costs around $300-$400, and of course they can escalate dramatically around $1,300 if you choose a premier Dive spot like Cozumel staying about 5-7 days. DiveQuest charges about $150 for the 30-45minute dive. And a few hours for the tour before the Dive.

Even just the idea of Diving in an Aquarium is exciting for me. I guess I get that excited every time I dive though. But this just adds to the fantasy aspect of Disneyworld for me.

The most exciting part for me was when my children were watching me Dive and so proud to explain to other guests watching the divers perform for them that their papa was in the Aquarium.
See I have all my own equipment, so I guess I'm spoiled to the $40 dives, paying only for the tanks and the boat trip. But I Here what your saying RebeccaQ, it would be a neat experience to be a part of a childs charished Disney memory.:sohappy: Maybe I will look into it next time I'm there.:D

disneygirl_wdw

I did DiveQuest my Jr. year in high school and absolutely loved it. I will never forget it. We came about 2 feet away from the female sea turtle. I didn't have a lot of diving experience when I went and had never done a salt water dive, so it was a nice introduction to salt water diving. I am trying to convince my boyfriend into getting certified and going with me, that's still a few years off though. :(

PurpleDragon

disneygirl_wdw said:
I am trying to convince my boyfriend into getting certified and going with me, that's still a few years off though. :(
I feel your pain!!:lol: I have been trying to convince my wife to get certified for 6+ years and still have not been successful.:( Hopefully it'll happen one of these days.

Been_There

Original Poster
PurpleDragon said:
I feel your pain!!:lol: I have been trying to convince my wife to get certified for 6+ years and still have not been successful.:( Hopefully it'll happen one of these days.
I wish my wife would dive with me at Epcot but then who would film me from the outside of the Aquarium.

By the Way they make a neat little DIVEumentary of the dive. They film you while you are underwater...I think it costs around $17 but I can't remember exactly.

RebeccaQ

I also have my own equipment - so I see that point. It is true that diving can really vary in price depending on so many factors. I guess quite often I just don't feel like lugging most equipment along with me to most places (when flying is involved) - it's nice to travel light. It is actually a neat thing to be a part of the fishbowl. The video is cute - my son watches it and even got me to show it to his class. I passed around a couple of regs for the kids to touch and they thought it was neat. My daughter is not even 2 yet, but on our next trip I think she will get a real kick out of it. She already loves the Living Seas pavillion - but she is a serious water baby just like my son. She freaks out just looking at beach pictures in a scrapbook. She starts trying to take off her clothes and tries to step into the pictures and squeals like crazy - way too cute. And every time she sees so much as a fountain, she starts signing "bath" (which she uses also for swimming and the like) and squealing.

Ringo8n24

My husband does DiveQuest everytime and says he will continue in the future to make a point of it. The memories created of me videoing him as he dives and my daughter pointing out to everyone "that is my daddy" makes him so proud that he made her day like that. They also include the family in a sort of backstage tour now as the divers complete their trip underwater and we all get to meet up again.

longfamily

I've seen the divers doing Dive Quest a couple of times and I got to tell you, the kids watching just go nuts! Actually, a few adults go nuts too! Many have no idea that such a "tour" exists. I know that I had no clue why divers were in the tank other than to feed fish or do maintenace. Then a family memeber of one of the divers was explaining what was going on to me. Up until the past two years or so it wasn't very marketed so it seems as though you guys have had your own little club for awhile. Very cool

darthdarrel

Been_There said:
This is/was my avatar in StarWars Galaxies. I am rather fond of him but the editing process to make him small enough for an avatar on this forum made him a little squishy.
i have always wanted to do the dive, but could never justify the cost! By the way I play Starwars galaxies myself!
:wave:
I usually play on the Bria server and My character is a female master tailor! :lol:
I picked a female cause people tend to treat female characters nicer! :D

Jabarr

The dive was so sweet! I am going to do it again on my next trip(Nov.-27 Dec-5). I say anyone who enjoys diveing,DO IT!!You will love it and the cast members are very nice.:cool:

longfamily

darthdarrel said:
I usually play on the Bria server and My character is a female master tailor! :lol:
I picked a female cause people tend to treat female characters nicer! :D
Hmmm, I wonder why that is....:animwink:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom