Dive Quest at The Living Seas

luv2dive

Original Poster
Hi Everyone,
I just discovered this forum tonight....this looks great! The Scuba club that I belong to would like to come and participate in "Dive Quest" at The Living Seas. I understand that there are two dive sessions each day, one at 4:30 and the other at 5:30. What is the maximum number of divers allowed in the tank per session? Is it true that there's a scuba diving Mickey that goes into the tank also? Thanks for the info!

Bairstow

I've been wanting to do Divequest too, though I don't know when I'll be in WDW again. Good luck on getting your club over there. As I understand it each session has space for 8 divers, so 16 a day diving fairly close to eachother. Expect about 55 minutes at 25', which according to my NASI/WASI chart should make you a class C diver. :)

There is a SCUBA-diving Mickey that works the Seas from time to time, but I'm pretty sure that he's not in the water at the same time as the DQ patrons.

My other plan is to smuggle a full set of gear w/ tanks into the magic kingdom and take a self-guided tour of 20,000 leagues lagoon. Close down MY favorite attraction, will you? We'll just see about that... Maybe Richard Marcinko can help me with that. :drevil:

TIGGER-FAN

Hey luv2dive welcome to the boards!

My wife and I did Dive Quest back in January and it was awsome! My best dive to date. The amount and variety of sea life is very impresive. You would have to do several open water dives to see the diversity. There are 2 dives a day 4:30pm & 5:30pm. If you want more interaction with "DRY GUESTS" take the 4:30pm tour. The whole thing lasts about 3 1/2 hours and everything is provided, all you need to bring is a bathing suit and your own mask. They do provide masks but if you are like me I am more comfortable with my own. Maximum of 8 divers per tour. Mickey does not dive during dive quest, he is usually only there for special ocassions. We had a 51 minute dive and I finished with about 400psi. The video tape is worth the money, you get to see it before you buy it.

If I can give you any other information, please let me know.

TIGGER-FAN

As a side note, the fish seem very unafraid and you can get very close. As a matter of fact, I was pecked at by several Bermuda Chub looking for a hand out!

TIGGER-FAN

You can make your reservation by calling 1-407-WDW-TOUR. The further out you make your reservation the better, I think max is 6 months in advance. Padi, Naui, and SSI certified divers receive a discount of about 10%.

Bairstow

Just basic Open Water certification. Actually I read somewhere that there's now a no-certification-needed SNUBA program or something like that for younger guests.

TIGGER-FAN

Basic Open Water is all you need for the Dive Quest. THe other new tour is called the Aqua Tour which uses the SASY unit wich is a tank, regulator and flotation material so you can't go below the surface.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom