• Ditch the Mickey hand

Votes: 33 64.7%
  • Keep the Mickey hand

Votes: 18 35.3%

• Total voters

mrtoad

Original Poster
Here it goes:

I hate the stupid Mickey hand next to Space Ship Earth. It just looks dumb and does not fit at all. What does it have to do with a future world?

Please let me know if you agree or not. And if someone knows why they kept it please post that. I mean they did not keep the castle cake, for which I am very thankful.

bigbadwolf

I agree 100%! I hate that thing. It should of only been up for the 2000 celibration. Now its just there... for some reason... I think it ruins the look. It dosnt look like it used to.

BG Rugger

I agree, tha hand needs to be ousted. Cool for the 2000 celebration...not needed anymore. It takes attention away from Spaceship Earth and doesn't fit the theme. And I have no idea why they kept it...maybe it was too much of a hastle to take it down right away...but then again they went through the trouble to change the message from "2000" to "Epcot"....I'm vexed...

Heres another good poll theme. Worst idea: Castle Cake or the Epcot Mickey Hand?

PuertoRekinSam

I must first say I am not a want supporter in the least!
However, I am a business man, and I understand why it is still up.
Let me bank on the idea that many of you watch Conan on NBC. Do you remember Whale Week? Basicly Conan bought an expensive whale costume for a skit. The value of the skit did not offset the cost of the costume. So they had to use it over and over, to make the cost of the costume worth wild.

The same can be said for the wand. The cost of building that wand was extremely high, and was not utlized by the 2000 celebration alone, so they kept it for a few years, hoping to make more off the investment. It's stupid, but true

AND NOW YOU KNOW! (not meant to be yelling, but more like a 1980's service anouncment)

Tim G

Originally posted by grizzlyhall
Ditch the wand...

BRING BACK THE FOUNTAIN.

:fork: :fork: :rolleyes: :(
OK... Bring back the fountain and keep the hand...

At least for another year...:animwink:

epcotisbest

I like the hand, wand, whatever you want to call it.

I don't care for the legacy tombstones, but what good does worrying about it or getting upset do?

Ijones88

:wave: You know....they could've used a laser image projected on the front of SE for the 2000 celebration and it could have done all kinds of things but be completely, cheaply and easily removed when done with. I don't know if it would show up very good during the day though....just a thought cause I know they have put images on the back side of SE before.

Budahman

Keep The Hand

I say keep the hand. Oh, heck, go ahead and add another one to the right side of SE also. It would be like the field goal is good signified by a referrees hands. HEHE. :sohappy:
Ok, all kidding aside. I like it. It'll only be there for a few more years anyway once SE gets refurbished to become a different attraction.

MonorailGreen

The hand gives the Disney touch by using Mickey. I wouldn't mind if it was gone or it stayed. It is really an enhancement to Spaceship Earth in my opinion...

mrtoad

Original Poster
Originally posted by epcotisbest
I like the hand, wand, whatever you want to call it.

I don't care for the legacy tombstones, but what good does worrying about it or getting upset do?

Well, I would not say I am really upset about it. I just think it takes away from a very awesome structure that is Space Ship Earth. I mean, it looks like it should be in Las Vegas next to the big gituar. It is just my opinion. It surely will not keep me from going to Epcot that is for sure.

meeko_33785

I'm torn. I like the color that it adds to the area, but after 4 years of it, I wouldn't mind seeing it gone. There must be something else they could do to the area that could make it more colorful (more landscaping perhaps?)

Brad_84

I really like the hand. I think it adds a little Disney color/sparkle/magic to the front of Epcot, and adds to the beauty of SE. I personally don't want to see it go.

mrtoad

Original Poster
Re: Keep The Hand

Originally posted by Budahman
I say keep the hand. Oh, heck, go ahead and add another one to the right side of SE also. It would be like the field goal is good signified by a referrees hands. HEHE. :sohappy:
Ok, all kidding aside. I like it. It'll only be there for a few more years anyway once SE gets refurbished to become a different attraction.

GOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLL!!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom