Distance to stay from Disney?

ZaraH

Hi all,

Okay so myself and my Fiance are desperate to go to Disney, but money is really tight due to me not being able to work full time for health reasons.

I have a pen pal friend that has said we can stay with them if we could afford the flights; they live about an hour or so away from Disney in Melbourne, Florida. That way we would only have to pay for flights, tickets and food, not accommodation, saving us a chunk of money!

Do you reckon staying an hour away from Disney and travelling to there for 14 days will be too long? I'm worried getting up that early to get there when it opens and then the drive afterwards is going to be too much with the walking around the parks etc.

What's the furthest drive you've stayed from the parks?

Thank you!

Minnie1986

No offense taken, but the reason that we booked those EXTRAS is because this will be out last trip and wanted something better than cellphone pics and the same for Dinner Theatre!
If money is truly tight, you may want to reconsider what you have planned. A shortened stay on property, even with some of your extras, would cost you less.

Upvote 0

SAV

I'm with the shorten the trip and stay close to WDW group. Will you really want to drive over an hour for 14 nights in a row after spending the day in the parks? It's bad enough getting out of there and going to an on-site resort.

Upvote 0

John park hopper

Back in the 1990 we stayed with the in laws in Melbourne and took the kids to Disney world. We would drive one day over to Disney and not the next. It is not that bad of a ride.We drove down from NH one year so we had a car. The next time we fly down and used their car. Now I stay on property always. I like that we can come back to resort and rest in the afternoon.
I can remember going in the early 90's too traffic on I-4 was't not bad, drove to DW this year I-4 construction plus the increased traffic in 20+ years I would not want to do it on a daily basis for 14 days

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom