Trip Report Dissertation? More Like... Disney Vacation. COMPLETED

My advisor: You should really take this time during Christmas break to plan your dissertation as your proposal will be due when we get back for the spring semester.

Me: Cool, so... I'm going to go to Disney.

Remember in May when I was like "šŸ˜¢ I don't know when I'll next be at Disney, grad school wahhhhh"? Well, I'm still like grad school wahhhhh (I have 4 exams next week and am totally taking a study break to write this right now, everyone, a master's in human anatomy is NOT easy LOLLLLLLL). But I'm coming home to Florida on Christmas Eve (true suffering Christmas Eve!! Think of me on a 8 hour flight, 5 hour layover, and 3 hour flight home as you all are making cookies for Santa Claus etc etc) and my Grandma was like "Soooooooo... Disney?"

In fact, she texted me that right as I was coming out of an embryology lecture, and so I replied "TRICK QUESTION????" and she replied "No..." And lo, reader, I should have bought an annual pass last year even though I'm in Scotland for school because I would have saved money as I just bought a Florida Resident 3 day pass yesterday that cost like $265 including tax and I don't have an income from a job anymore so I cringed while checking out but... I have requested Christmas money to cover the costs so we'll survive... And my grandma is taking care of the hotel - but won't tell me where we're staying LOL. She said off property about a week ago but I keep being like But Where? and she never answers....

Here's a Scotland break
IMG_3343.jpeg

IMG_3367.jpeg

So, January 6th-9th I'll be at WDW! My grandma idly wondered "I wonder how many times we could ride Haunted Mansion in one day..." So... the plan is, a regular MK day on the 6th, Epcot on the 7th, and our experimental MK day on the 8th. I love Star Wars as much as the next person but don't want to deal with the crowds there and also... don't really care about Animal Kingdom at the moment. I think I'd get more of my money's worth at Magic Kingdom since it's my favorite park, and this needs to keep me going through spring semester and dissertation data gathering and writing... I think we could get at LEAST 10 rides of Haunted in...

Our FP plans right now are very not set as I did it this morning half awake and are liable to change. So, for the 6th I've got Space and Big Thunder -- SPLASH IS UNDER REFURBISHMENT, I think??? So my heart is broken. And the 7th is LWTL (LOL) and Soarin', and I haven't done a third. I've done literally nothing for the 7th because.... I don't even know what we're really doing.

So, stick around for the ride if you want, because this trip is going to be... most likely? Wild. I have to survive my finals first LOL.

tonystark

Original Poster
I hereby award you and your grandma the PARK COMMANDO trophy. šŸ†

Well done! šŸ‘šŸ¼
*shuffles through prepared speech cards as I ascend the stage* Thank you so much, I never knew this prestigious trophy would be in the cards for me but thanks to my grandma and her iron willpower, here we are... I told her next time we'd have to do 4 days instead of 3 because I think it would kill us.

krisri18

Well you certainly know how to get those steps in! And kudos to Grandma, that's a lot of walking. Thanks for taking us along for the (53) rides and enjoy your time in Scotland!

Back!Elbow!Shoulders!

Omnia mutantur, nihil interit
Thanks for the TR. So glad you and your grandma accomplished your goals. I was tired just reading about them.

I was also underwhelmed by the cheeseburger spring rolls. I thought the pepperoni ones were better (but still overhyped).

tonystark

Original Poster
Great TR!! I'm tired just from following along!! Enjoy the rest of your time in Scotland!!
I'm still tired... looking forward to whenever your next trip is... šŸ‘€šŸ‘€
Well you certainly know how to get those steps in! And kudos to Grandma, that's a lot of walking. Thanks for taking us along for the (53) rides and enjoy your time in Scotland!
She texted me a few days before telling me that she had bought new shoes SPECIFICALLY for the amount of walking she had planned for us. That's when I knew I was in danger.
Thanks for the TR. So glad you and your grandma accomplished your goals. I was tired just reading about them.

I was also underwhelmed by the cheeseburger spring rolls. I thought the pepperoni ones were better (but still overhyped).
Dang, maybe I should try the pepperoni ones next time... Basically crunchy pizza rolls, I figure.
Wow - I think I'd be exhausted traveling with your grandmother! Thanks for bringing us along :)
I know, I'm still recovering!! She is a force to be reckoned with.

NickPytlinski

I shall finish this TR today so help me!! It has been snowing off and on all day today - and while it's nice to look at from a window, it's a wet snow and melting from the minute it hits the ground. Boo
View attachment 448101
Making our way out, I took more pictures of Main Street than I usually would because it just looked so pretty with the lights and the Christmas decorations. Sigh.
View attachment 448102
Goodbye Casey's Corner - while I have not eaten at you in many years, I always appreciate the ability to cut through you to get to the Emporium during fireworks...
View attachment 448103
Goodbye Plaza Ice Cream Parlor... don't tell any of your other Main Street friends, but I'll miss you the most :(
View attachment 448104
Goodbye train station, thank you for the excellent vantage point...
View attachment 448105
But I don't want to leave :(
View attachment 448106
Well, at least we got to ride a new bus! I don't remember my experience being worthy of reporting, so you can assume it was just like a regular bus... but with Daisy's face on the side.

We got back to Riverside and I just wanted to go to beeeeeed because I was not feeling it at this point. But, we had done 27,597 steps, which meant we only needed 589 steps the following day to reach 80,000, the original record... We would be going to Disney Springs in the morning, whether we wanted to or not...

lol Fantastic Trip Report! loved it

Minnie1986

Just got back from Disney this afternoon, but I fear I've come down with something so I will probably not start this TR for a few days, because I don't want to be sick when I head back to Scotland on Monday... I've succumbed to the Disney germs, I fear... šŸ¤§
And this is why I wonā€™t be headed back for a while. Disney germs are real so imagine that with ā€˜Rona. Stay safe, everyone!

Lyssa

Dunkin is the ONLY coffee and unfortunately where I live in Texas cannot comprehend that :/ It hurts.

Really enjoyed your trip report :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom