DisneyWorld January 2012 PTR

Even though it's 5 months out, I'm mega-excited :sohappy: (Gotta admit: I've already been listening to subsonicradio.com). I'm going with my lovely bride on an 11 night Pop Century/10 day hopper from 1/23/12 to 2/3/12. We booked the trip in early July, *then* Disney announced free dining dates, which land exactly one day prior and one day post our window...how pleasantly perfect? We upgraded from quick service dining plan to the regular dining plan, as we are character meal phreaks. I was on the phone to WDW-DINE at 7:01 on 7/27, hah! Here's the idea so far:

1. Arrival: Going to downtown Disney, taking the (hopefully) romantic boatride to POR for ADR at Boatwrights. Boat ride back to Downtown Disney, then back to the room for the first of our 6:30AM wake-up calls.

2. EPCOT morning EMH, followed by a Princess Norway breakfast ADR. Evening will be Magic Kingdom as the look of the castle will be calling, as you all understand:)

3. Animal Kingdom morning EMH, followed by Tusker House breakfast ADR. I was thinking of breaking at the Poly midday, then open for the evening.

4. Magic Kingdom EMH, followed by Crystal Palace breakfast ADR. I was thinking of breaking at the Wilderness Lodge, then open for the evening.

5. Open for the morning. Garden Grill dinner ADR then into evening EMH at EPCOT.

6. Hollywood Studios morning EMH, then a midday break via boat to the Dolphin to taste their incredible *hand made* cocktails. Followed by a 1900 Park Fare dinner ADR, onto the Magic Kingdom for the night.

7. Open morning. Cinderella's Royal Table dinner ADR, followed by Magic Kingdom evening EMH.

8. Animal Kingdom morning EMH, followed by a Cape May breakfast ADR. Evening EMH at Hollywood Studios.

9. EPCOT morning EMH, followed by ADR lunch at Le Cellier. Evening is open.

10. Morning EMH at Animal Kingdom, followed by 1900 Park Fare breakfast ADR. Evening is open.

11. Morning EMH at Magic Kingdom, followed by lunch at the Turf Club, Saratoga Springs. Evening EMH at EPCOT.

As I look at this plan on my handwritten spreadsheet, I am calling myself a genius, hahahaha :rolleyes:

I'm open to comments, criticisms, suggestions (for any mid-day break ideas). Thanks all!

jhoff3405

So many nights...I am jealous! We may be there during the same time, only for 3 or 4 nights though. I am consistently watching the airfare and hoping things go my way!

In terms of suggestions, I think you have everything covered! I guess maybe one suggestion for an afternoon break.....hammock on the beach at the Poly with some nice adult beverages.

You mentioned your new bride...is this a Disneymoon?

Jerseydzphreak

Original Poster
So many nights...I am jealous! We may be there during the same time, only for 3 or 4 nights though. I am consistently watching the airfare and hoping things go my way!

In terms of suggestions, I think you have everything covered! I guess maybe one suggestion for an afternoon break.....hammock on the beach at the Poly with some nice adult beverages.

You mentioned your new bride...is this a Disneymoon?

At this point the biggest expense is the hotel, as the meal plan is covered - 3 or 4 days would not be enough time for us. We found that Jet Blue has the best fares, like $400 round trip from EWR to MCO, plus they don't charge for baggage. I like the hammock idea!! And yep, many a beverage will be tasted, from all of World Showcase, to whatever resort we head to.:slurp: This isn't a Disneymoon, we had that in 2004, and are planning for a 10 year vow renewal in 2014 - when FLE will be done.

WDW_Princess24

So jealous! I would LOVE to go there for 11 nights!! Enjoy!

I too usually take JetBlue out of EWR. You can catch a really good deal with them most of the time and it's great not having any extra costs for baggage!

Jerseydzphreak

Original Poster
So jealous! I would LOVE to go there for 11 nights!! Enjoy!

I too usually take JetBlue out of EWR. You can catch a really good deal with them most of the time and it's great not having any extra costs for baggage!

The one month countdown begins for you!! I hope you have a blast!:sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom