Disneyworld Alone

fosse76

Has anyone gone by themselves? I went last week with my boyfriend and only really enjoyed my self when we split and went our own separate ways...I was completely unencoumbered and was able to do what I wanted when I wanted. I am thinking of going again in September, but I am considwring going alone. Now I'm not the kind to feel embarassed going to restaurants or movies or Broadway shows alone, but a week in Disney has me a little anxious. Just curious if anyone has done this.

H20Babie

I haven't yet, but I am going solo in .... 45 days! I think I've planned more for this trip than any other, because it's all about "Me" :)

I booked 6 nights which gives me about 5.5 days in the parks. I've booked two behind the scenes tours as well as made ADRs for the restaurants I've always wanted to try. I can't wait! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

shawn

As Much As I Love Going With My Family Just Once I Would Like To Go Maybe A Week By Myself. I Probably Would Only Go To The Parks To Do Some Tours And To Eat At Epcot And The Rest Would Be Playing Golf, People Watching And Just Relaxing And Maybe Watch The Fireworks, And Probably Ride The Monorail Alot And Resort Hop

Upvote 0

Dream Finder

I go by myself every other time or so and LOVE it. Because a little more of a Disney fan myself compared to my family, my solo trips allow to pay attention to the little details and just enjoy the Disney magic. My family wants to rush from ride to ride. Now I can enjoy the little touches that make Disney "Disney".

Upvote 0

Laura

Premium Member
Has anyone gone by themselves? I went last week with my boyfriend and only really enjoyed my self when we split and went our own separate ways...I was completely unencoumbered and was able to do what I wanted when I wanted. I am thinking of going again in September, but I am considwring going alone. Now I'm not the kind to feel embarassed going to restaurants or movies or Broadway shows alone, but a week in Disney has me a little anxious. Just curious if anyone has done this.

When you are at shows and restaurants do you look around and find all the people alone and snicker at them? If not, then probably no one else will laugh at you. ;)

I go solo in the parks all the time and don't think twice about it. My husband is often deployed overseas so I'm used to eating out and doing things alone.

Upvote 0

figmentmom

I've been there lots of times by myself, and loved it! There have been many, many previous threads on this very subject, if you want to search for them!

Upvote 0

PotteryGal

I've just been making plans to be in Orlando in July for an autism conference. I will be off property for 3 nights, but the last night I'll be staying at the Wilderness Lodge, and visiting MK before coming home. I'm a little nervous, but also very excited to have a solo trip. :sohappy::sohappy:

Upvote 0

fosse76

Original Poster
OK. I was just wondering if people had experience. My friends are generally flakey when it comes to going on trips, and when it comes to theme parks I like to call the shots, so I definitely plan on going in Sept. Thanks for your responses!

Upvote 0

doop

I can't wait for the opportunity to go by myself. Just imagine being able to do what YOU want to do the entire time. Ahh makes me happy just thinking about it.

Upvote 0
I've never taken a trip by myself but last October when we went down. On a Saturday I went to the parks by myself and covered massive territory, and did all my favorites. I got to Animal Kingdom about 1:00 did Dinosaur and Everest twice. From there I bussed to Epcot rode Mission: Space, Test Track, Maelstrom, Soarin' and did the American Adventure out of obligation. Third I went to DHS did the GMR saw Indiana Jones then rode ToT then watched Fantasmic front row, even though I arrived late. It was about 8:45 I went to Magic Kingdom watched Wishes, then Rode Splash Mountain and Big Thunder i think, watched Spectromagic in Frontierland then did some Tomorrowland rides. That is alot for just 10-11 hours in the parks plus travel which took up maybe 1+ hours.

Upvote 0

Lord Pheonix

i go every xmas for 2 weeks, been doing it for the last 6 years or so, and ill tell you, its great,except for one overlooked thing. since i always have the dining plan, i eat at the parks all the time, usually i eat at 2 premier resturants, like cali grill or artist point per trip, and iv noticed that the dinner tends to get boring due to the lack of someone to convo with. although sometimes u can find someone else to talk to, mostly ur by yourself, and eating never lasts long enough to enjoy it, whereas if u had someone to talk to, it would last alot longer, time for u to enjoy the tastes, ambiance, etc.

Upvote 0

Disneykidder

I have never been to Disney alone, let alone a movie or even out to eat. I CAN'T WAIT until the day I can go to WDW alone...maybe even if for a day separated from a group. I'd love to get up when I want, go when I want, eat where I want and go on every ride that I want. Sounds great!!:)

Don't get me wrong. I LOVE my son and husband VERY dearly, but some me and the mouse time would be awesome!!:ROFLOL:

Upvote 0

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
I've been alone several times for a day or two each as an add-on to a business trip, and once for a week on my own. Nothing negative to say at all. Whether in attractions, restaurants, or wandering the parks, I never felt out of place at all. And it was nice not having to worry about anybody else's thoughts on what to do and where to go. About the only thing I did differently was carry a book with me, which I read mainly at table-service retaurants between ordering and food arrival.

I wouldn't choose alone over going with my wife and son, but you can and will have a great time on your own.

Upvote 0

angelfaerie52

I'll go away from the crowd and say I don't like going alone. Now, I live in Orlando and do not have a lot of people here who like to go, so I have been alone a lot. I like going to movies alone, don't mind going to restaurants alone... but the solo Disney thing just gets frustrating to me. I feel like one person in a sea of millions. It definitely is worth a shot and if you want to have down time at the pool or whatnot, it would probably be a fun trip. I usually do solo day trips and kind of end up leaving pretty soon after arriving... oh well.

Upvote 0

Tiggerfanatic

I've thought of going by myself someday - just to soak up the atmosphere and relax, do things on my own timetable. Maybe when DD graduates and moves abroad like she's planning.......

Upvote 0

daliseurat

I love going alone. I love my pace. I love being able to do whatever I want. I love it all. The only downside is that it's less of a deal at the hotel. Normally the price is for my family, and solo it seems like less of a deal. But it doesn't make a solo trip less enjoyable. Do it. You'll love it!

Upvote 0

EPCOT.nut

:eek::eek::eek:

Maybe you will find someone that you can enjoy yourself with at WDW! YIKES that really tells you my priorities! :ROFLOL:

To answer your question - I've only been on a day-trip by myself and truly had a great time - it was at MK and EPCOT. I've never been there by myself where I would stay the night and all that jazz. I don't know if I would like being alone for that long! Especially at the hotel and sleeping all by myself.....I'd be a little anxious also! Good luck in your decision!

Upvote 0

H20Babie

I don't think I would have done a solo trip if I wasn't already used to being "solo" in some form or another. The only reason I'm going by myself this trip is that DS will be spending the whole of spring break with his dad this year. I guess, too, that since we have joint custody, I am already used to sleeping alone or in an empty house, so that's no problem either :).

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom