DisneySea @ WDW

kayarei

Originally posted by CAPTAIN HOOK
While DisneySeas sounds impressive, it would have TO BE impressive to even compete with SeaWorld. SW is well established and well liked.

i've never been to TDS, but from what i've seen and read, it is nothing like sea world so i don't think it would be competing with them (i'm sure it would be on some scale, but not as a marine life park). the "sea" part of DisneySea refers to the names of the themed lands (mermaid lagoon, american waterfront, arabian coast, mediterranean harbor, etc.), not to any kind of sea life at the park. laughingplace.com has some really good articles and pictures of TDS if anyone is interested: http://www.laughingplace.com/Info-ID-Features-TokyoUpdates.asp

Pixardust

Original Poster
If anyone is interested in seeing a good 1/2 hour worth of footage of TDS, go on Ebay and pick up a copy of the Tokyo DL Souvenir DVD. ($32) It is in Japanese, but lots of English music. Is in region 2 also, but you can pretty easily reset the region on your computers DVD player...

mickeyfanatics

Personally, I would like to see them build out the existing parks before they create another gate. If they do create another gate, it needs to be an original park, not a clone. If they build TDS here, I will have less of a reason to visit it someday in the future.

Scar Junior

PixarDust... In your long post you had many facts incorrect and used bad logic. I really don't want to get into it now, but I may come back and point out your errors if I feel up to it...

jmarc63

WORD OF WARNING

Originally posted by Pixardust
If anyone is interested in seeing a good 1/2 hour worth of footage of TDS, go on Ebay and pick up a copy of the Tokyo DL Souvenir DVD. ($32) It is in Japanese, but lots of English music. Is in region 2 also, but you can pretty easily reset the region on your computers DVD player...

Pixardust you don't realize how the computer DVD region setting works. First the region is determined by the software you use to play you DVDs on you computer not the player itself it interacts with the encodeing on the disk. A home unit uses different software and is already installed on a chip inside the unit and can't be changed. Second all the DVD player software I have seen gives you a limited number of times you can switch out of your home region to another region. most is five times, If you were to use the switch and your not careful you can lock yourself into another region than region one. They have done this to limit the posibility of pirateing from another region

So becareful if you try this or youl find that you cant play any DVDs from the us market on you computer unless you get new software.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Re: WORD OF WARNING

Originally posted by jmarc63
Pixardust you don't realize how the computer DVD region setting works. First the region is determined by the software you use to play you DVDs on you computer not the player itself it interacts with the encodeing on the disk. A home unit uses different software and is already installed on a chip inside the unit and can't be changed. Second all the DVD player software I have seen gives you a limited number of times you can switch out of your home region to another region. most is five times, If you were to use the switch and your not careful you can lock yourself into another region than region one. They have done this to limit the posibility of pirateing from another region

So becareful if you try this or youl find that you cant play any DVDs from the us market on you computer unless you get new software.

In the UK market DVD magazines tell people how to access the software allowing constant changing of the regional code, or in my case you can have your player " chippped " to allow playing of any region DVDs, buying 3 disks from the US and Canada can pay for the cost of chipping compared to UK prices

Pixardust

Original Poster
Re: WORD OF WARNING

Why does everyone treat everyone else like they're an idiot on here? I flashed the firmware so that my drive's firmware is region free, indefinately. I also downloaded a program called Region X for Mac OS X which allows you to reset the number of times Apple DVD Player can switch it's region... so ha!

Pixardust

Original Poster
Originally posted by Scar Junior
PixarDust... In your long post you had many facts incorrect and used bad logic. I really don't want to get into it now, but I may come back and point out your errors if I feel up to it...

Don't get into it then!!! This is all just simple dreaming... I'm not stating any facts, only probablity. Just a life if you can't handle reading other people's thoughts, even if they aren't completely factual, then you don't need to be on the internet. And unless you are working for WDI, then you don't have access to factual information that we all don't have anyway. Stop ripping at people, be nice, this is Disney we are talking about for God's sake.. be happy!

dliddi

I think that animal kingdom would be a great place for a sea world. (for lack of better name) I watched the animal Kingdome special on the travel channel (found very interesting) but what they allude to is that they have a ton of land for that park, and that they would add to it. I think it would make a great addition to that park, and they could put an E-ticket ride of some kind, with a water theme. I don’t think it would be it would be good as a stand-alone park; they need something more original for that.

Lhriangel

Okay sorta off the topic but how many of you guys have seen the pictures of the plans for the Long Beach DisneySeas that didn't happen? .... Just wondering cause if I could have any park here in Cali I would want that one.. as much as I love DCA (please we won't get into that on this one okay?).

I also agree though.. there needs to be improvements before you add any more parks. AK needs more major attractions (even though the Safari is amazing)... Epcot is getting rehabed which will be great (although closing Spaceship Earth for so long as we have heard saddens me), after that MGM could use some new RIDES.. it's mostly shows (and they closked Hunchback)... and MK needs something new OTHER than the Magic Carpet rides...

While we can all dream about a Disney Seas on American soil ... it doesn't seem very likely cause of funding and the fact that all the other parks need work right now.. AND remember that Disneyland's 50th is coming up very soon.. *yay!!* so DL is supposed to be undergoing some changes as well.

Okay I'm done now before I overstep my bounds...

Pixardust

Original Poster
:lol: :lol: :D :lol:

Oh you've got to be kidding me with this guy!

Who do you think you are hotshot? I'd suggest changing your attitude before going to work for the Mouse. I work for a huge corporation, like Disney, and you may think you are hot stuff, but everyone's going to hate you behind your back for having a know it all attitude like that. Just my two cents Brad.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
:lol: :lol: :D :lol:

Oh you've got to be kidding me with this guy!

amen...

you can't start posting on a message board, ing off a lot of people, and expect people to cut you any slack.

As for DVD players... I went to Futuretronics and bought a Region Free Portable DVD player and... love it! It makes it so much easier to watch some of the freaky foreign films and TV shows I love.. hehe

MKCustodial

Originally posted by mktiggerman
As for DVD players... I went to Futuretronics and bought a Region Free Portable DVD player and... love it! It makes it so much easier to watch some of the freaky foreign films and TV shows I love.. hehe

Actually, you can "unlock" any player if you find the right code... I also thought I had to buy "advertised region-free players" (which, at least down here, are WAY more expensive) when I stumbled upon a great site with a list for different players from different companies.

jmarc63

Who do you think you are hotshot? I'd suggest changing your attitude before going to work for the Mouse. I work for a huge corporation, like Disney, and you may think you are hot stuff, but everyone's going to hate you behind your back for having a know it all attitude like that. Just my two cents Brad.

I think it would be advisable to take you own advice first before you tell someone else what to do here. you have started to get a reputation for antagonizing others. thats my two cents

Pixardust

Original Poster
I think it would be advisable to take you own advice first before you tell someone else what to do here. you have started to get a reputation for antagonizing others. thats my two cents
The only thing antagonizing is your negitive comments to what everone else posts on here. Now you've got 2 cents too!

Cliff

DisneySea? Yeah that would be nice to have in Orlando.

But first Disney needs to sell ABC and put a stop to all the financial bleeding. Once they no longer have ABC draining all the profit from the "Disney" name and hurting the company's credit rating,.....they can start REALLY investing park-generated profits BACK into the parks (their core business ).

Then, after a few years of solid, substantial investment back in Epcot, MGM and DAK,...should they build Disney Sea.

My apologies to any ABC fans or employees on the board.

My $.02

CT :lookaroun

LivinLarge

The only thing antagonizing is your negitive comments to what everone else posts on here. Now you've got 2 cents too!

Now now people end this dispute or I'll threaten you to swim in the Rivers of America:king:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom