Disneys Wilderness Lodge help?

mrs moon

Original Poster
Hi everyone I have recently booked a trip here for next summer , we are 3 adults.. My question is do anyone who have stayed here before think this resort is too full of little kids? Of course all Disney resorts cater for children and i love children but wonder if another resort would be less hectic in that area?.. Last year we stayed at Coronado which we loved and of course there was children but was more Adult orientated ( convention hotel )so you could relax around the pool .We want a different resort next year and love the look of Wilderness lodge but wondered what other Adult only parties thought of their experience here? .

Eric Graham

Hi everyone I have recently booked a trip here for next summer , we are 3 adults.. My question is do anyone who have stayed here before think this resort is too full of little kids? Of course all Disney resorts cater for children and i love children but wonder if another resort would be less hectic in that area?.. Last year we stayed at Coronado which we loved and of course there was children but was more Adult orientated ( convention hotel )so you could relax around the pool .We want a different resort next year and love the look of Wilderness lodge but wondered what other Adult only parties thought of their experience here? .
We've stayed here as adults and never noticed it was full of kids. It's just the two of us, no children. It's such a very beautiful resort. It's patterned after the national parks in the western United States. We've always had such a wonderful time staying here, especially with how nice the resort is decked out so much for Christmas. Happy travels to y'all!

MickeyLuv'r

The main pool tends to have a fair amount of children.

If you are asking because you prefer quiet, then I will also warn you about Whispering Canyon Cafe. The name is a bit of a joke. The premise of WCC includes a good deal of yelling. We never had a problem hearing noise from our room, but the lobby can be quite loud. You can also hear the noise if you are on one of the overhead walkways that are directly above the lobby. Mind, the yelling comes from the CM's themselves. If you don't mind adults yelling.

If you have ever stayed at CR, it is a bit like the noise you can hear if you are directly above Chef Mickey's.

If you prefer quiet at WL, I'd put that in your room request.

If you want slightly less children, I suggest the Swan Reserve or Dolphin as good options to consider. The Swan is also a good option, but the other two have a slight edge.

For strictly onsite, I'd say CR, POR, and CSR are among the better choices, maybe Saratoga or OKW. (I'm not as familiar with those 2 though.) Avoid Poly, esp the Poly main pool.

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
Every Disney pool is swimming with kids. If you were fine with Coronado I think you'd do well most places. I don't find WL super hectic, but some other options might be Animal Kingdom Lodge, Riviera, Boardwalk, Saratoga Springs, and Old Key West.

NelleBelle

We just stayed at OKW and other than seeing kids in the bus going to the parks at times, that was a very chill and quiet resort. Loved it! I will add that the feature pool did get full of kids a couple hours after opening on our check-out day. But IMO, I’m pretty sure all feature pools have kids in them when it’s 95 out😁

Weather_Lady

Every WDW resort is "full of kids," particularly during school vacations. However, they'll generally be concentrated around feature pools (especially mid-afternoon when there are kid-centric games being conducted), transportation, and character meals, and even then, they're usually pretty easy to avoid or ignore. I don't think you'll find they diminish the majestic, relaxing vibe of Wilderness Lodge (incidentally, one of my very favorite Disney resorts) in any way whatsoever.

WL is fantastic. I think being near the higher side of costs limits many families with several children. The pool area and maybe arcade would really be the only areas where children might be around a lot. WL is our favorite place to stay.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom