Disney's Wide World of Sports to become "ESPN Wide World of Sports"

Mr.EPCOT

The new sign isn't done yet, I don't think it's supposed to be until the official rebranding day in February. Right there is a banner wrapping around it depicting the old Disney's Wide World of Sports logo being peeled back to reveal the new ESPN logo.

protiius

i've never used the complex but this seems like a good move for disney...partnering with a strong brand and (i assume) getting some cash for it too...

DisneyParksFan1

The new sign as some have mentioned isn't done yet. I was there yesterday on my way to MK and they were still working on it. I think they are still in the removal process.

Tom

Beta Return
Partnering with a company they own?

Each division within The Walt Disney Company sort of acts like its own company. ABC, EPSN, Touchstone, Miramax, etc.

So, in a way, they really do have to partner with each other - for business reasons.

hack2112

Each division within The Walt Disney Company sort of acts like its own company. ABC, EPSN, Touchstone, Miramax, etc.

So, in a way, they really do have to partner with each other - for business reasons.
That I know. It actually goes much farther in than that. Disney itself is so separated that one half doesn't know what the other is doing. It would be the perfect backdrop for a modern H2$.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom